cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic posting to previous accounting period when creating invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our Client have a requirement for automatic posting to previous accounting period when creating a DMR and make invoices the first two working days in the following month.

For example:

DMR created 01.09.08 and 02.09.08 should automatically when the invoice is created (background job) post to accounting period 08 (august).

What is the best way to fulfill this request?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do by techincal change, ask your abaper to change in Billing program, whn that particualr billing type (DMR) bills on 1 and 2nd of everymonth it should post on last month last date postings.

Hope this will slove your issue.

Regards

Ramakrishna.P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no action since over two months, I close this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simen Løland,

To do manually:

1st step : Need to cancell the invocie posted to current period i.e 09 month.

2nd step: Need to post to accounting again using t.code F-22 can give the dates you want here i.e 08 month.

To automate it

Explain the same to ABAP consultant to modify the code by inculding this logic.

Once invoice is cancelled should be done before the automatic posting happens.

Then in the program can call T.code F-22 and pass the values constant values if you required the posting to happen on certain dates or if u want dynamic values ( which changes) can calculate the values and get the same.

Hope this may be usefull, kindly reward points if helpfull.

Regards

RvK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check with your Finance expert for more clarification in this regard as the posting to previous periods is controlled by them. Once they approve, you may need to consult an ABAP expert for the possiblity of an enhancement as per the requirement.

Prase