cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation for Inspn Lot in QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

For incoming inspection, few materials are general items where PR can be raised by various department wise. So once lot got generated, it needs to be restricted to the screen of person who raised Purchase Request for that material only. So that he only will take Usage decision on that lot.

Right now I assigned common inspn type for these materials for all departments which uses these materials, so lot will get displayed among all departments. Problem with this is any department user in this list can take Usage Decision on this lot.

Concluding:

Is it possible to restrict an incoming inspection lot to a user's screen (QA32) by checking which user id created Purchase Request. This check is required only when lot is created for a generic inspection type only.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this as my client requirement is that any person who cretaed PR only should clear lot. Same time this material can be used by different users and PR can be generated by any of them.

I used an enhancement which allows only PR created user to clear lot in QA32

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could easily create user variants that would display the lots by who created them. By limiting authorizations to change the variants you can prevent them from changing their variant to look up other lots.

Other then that, it might be pretty hard to totally limit them. You can use QM groups and workcenters to limit users to specific materials. But you can't do it based on who created the lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again Craig, Lot created information only give, who did the GR for that particular material. That will always be a store person, but he is not clearing lot in this case. It will be done by concerned department user who created PR only.(My issue is here as there can be 4-5 departmenst which can raise an intend). Thats why I am asking for an authorisation/ screen display of that particular lot to that person who created Purchase Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaison,

You can restrict the authorization QA32, and as replacement give them QA33.

Will it work?

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam, I will try to simplify my requirement.

Material- PVC pipe

Procurement of PVC can be by- Production, Maintenance, Machinery departments. thats 3 departments.

I assigned- common inspn type for all 3 depts- Z01X

when lot get generated, I can authorise all 3 depts to see this newly created lot and anyone of them can clear the lot.

Limitation: Any person can clear lot, and requirement is Purchase Request created dept only clear the lot.

Above case: Production raised PR, so they only see the lot, they only clear the lot.

My question here is can we restrict Z01X lot in QA32 screen to the concerned dept by checking admin data of PR creation for that material.