cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

why do we mark the allow negative stock in this storage type ???

when the stock is not there in the fixed bin system should give some message ???

although empty bin were avilable in fixed storage type and still sytem has posted the quant in the bin of sotrage type 001 (in case fixed bin mentioend in material master has reached its maximum capacity)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

I am sorry to state the obvious but if you do not want negative stocks in the st type then turn it off.

If you copied your st type from SAP standard st type 005 then it is switched on in there so if you do not want it then go to the IMG for the st type and remove the tick.

If this answers your question please award points if you want to but more importantly please mark your question as answered as the more we can completre the easier it is to navigate around the forum

Thanks

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

We mark the negative stock because sometimes we may want to allow the st type to go negative, For instance if you receive in WM against an Inbound delivery and you want to put the stock away in the warehouse BEFORE you post the GR to IM then when youncreate the TO for put away the stock has to come from somewhere and that somewhere in this case is 902, However there will be no stock in 902 and so it goes negative. When you subsequently 'post goods receipt' against the inbound delivery when all the stock is located and the TO's confirmed then IM will receive the stock and post it back to 902 in the warehouse and that will get rid of the negative.

I hope that this explains the possible use of negative stocks.

The difference between fixed bins and next empty bin is a lot.

Next empty bin will just find the next empty bin in the warehouse and put the stock there. If, However you are using fixed bins then the stock will always go to the same bin but using fixed bin strategy is not enough you have to do the set up for these bins as well.

You have obviously missed something as I have used this a lot and it works fine

I hope that this helps

Have a look at this on page 360

data/pdf/LEWM/MMWM.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

good explanation for the 902 and i agree with you on what you have said .but in case of the fixed storage type what is the need of doing the negative stock as we issue the quant from there but if there is no quant present in the storage type or ultimately in the bin still system allows us to create a TO ..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am afraid that your message is not very clear as to what you are asking.

If you have a fixed bin in the material master andd your put away strategies are correct and this is also set in the material master then there is no reason why this will not work.

As to why you mark this storage type has allowing negative stocks then surely that is your decision.

Also do you not use replenishment for this?

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

why do we mark the negative stock chcek box in the fixed storage type ??? what is the need of it??

what is the differnce b/w next bin and fixed bin putaway strategy type?? because in both of them same thing happen .......means to say that if the fixed bin mentioned in the material master is full then system finds the bin in the storage type mentioned next to the fixed storage type in storage type search.