cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am having NWDS installed in my PC . however the problen is , i dont have SAP J2EE engine installed .

Now, how can i deploy Web Dynpro Application , other than using SAP J2ee engine .

I am having J2ee engine installed and tried to deploy the ear file but the end product failed to run .

So is it necessary to use SAP J2EE engine , or the applications can run in a simple J2EE engine .

Thanks and Regards

Viswas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u need to configure J2ee engine as applications need some jar files for their deployment which are available only on the j2ee engine. As well as adobe forms in Webdynpro, requires to trigger ADS web service for creation of pdfs. U need to configure ur J2EE engine for using this Ads web service.

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need ti give the J2EE engine details in Windows-> preferences -> J2EE Engine of NWDS.

Its not possible to deploy the Webdynpro applns without j2ee engine.

Ramganesan Karuppaiyah

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viswas,

You need to have a SAP specific J2EE engine running for deploying and running Web Dynpro applications. You can download latest SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5 - Trial Version [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50c58b14-da6d-2a10-ca94-a3c0937828d6].

Hope ti helps.

Vishwas.

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Viswas,

To run you Web Dynpro u need to have j2EE engine running.

"I am having J2ee engine installed and tried to deploy the ear file but the end product failed to run".. Did the deploymnet actually took place or the deployment got aborted ? Can you just copy/ paste the Error with which the deployment aborted.

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viswas,

Web Dynpro is SAP specific. You can run WD apps on SAP J2EE Engine as there are some more dependent jars / wars / settings etc on SAP J2EE server.

Regards,

Yogesh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To run any application compulsary you need to install Sap J2EE engine.

Thanks,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswas

SAP J2EE Engine has to be installed as most of the jars and classes are customized and developed by SAP which you cant run or deploy on J2EE engine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sap J2ee engine needs to be installed.