cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API SP3 not compliant with Java API SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have developped several batchs in Java using MDM API SP1.

After migrating our catalog from SP1 to SP3, we got an exception during connection to the catalog.

The error is RC Code 'No message for RC (0x8002000e)'

In the client SAP MDM RC Codes, this RC is translated by 'File failed a crc check'. That is meaningless for a java application that just tries to connect.

Thank you for your help.

Vianney Cau.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vianney,

The problem is that you're using the SP1 version of MDM4J.jar to connect to an SP3 repository. You must use the SP3 version of the MDM4J.jar to connect to an SP3 version repository.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I change MDME4J.jar (SP1) by MDM4J.jar (SP3).

I've deleted the first one, and adding the lacking 'E' to the second after its copy .

Do you think the problem comes from this renaming ? (it would be strange).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vianney,

It has nothing to do with the name of the jar. The version of the jar file you use must match the version of your MDM installation. So if you use the jar file that came with the SP1 installation, you can only use it to connect to an SP1 MDM installation. In your case, you were using an SP1 jar file to connect to an SP3 installation which is why you got the crc error. So when connecting to an SP3 installation, you must use the jar file that came with the SP3 installation files, regardless of it's name.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confirm I use SP3 jar. I'm sure of that because I had to modify source code to be compliant with that JAR ( API function parameters were'nt the same between the two service pack).

But the most surprising thing is the RC code error. I don't understand why we have a CRC failure, we don't manipulate file nor we exchange a lot of data before connecting to the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every time i've seen the CRC error, it's due to incompatible versions API vs Server.

There's a method in the CatalogData class called getSoftwareVersion. Can you incorporate this into your code and call it before you call the login method? It should be 5.5.28. Can you print it out and let me know what you get.

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great thanks to you Richard, It solved the problems.

You're totaly right, CRC error is related to incompatible version.

In facts it was a problem of directory. On my desktop, the MDM4J.jar was good, but on the server were I test developpement there was two directory lib/ext, one for jre 1.4 and one for jre 1.5.

And according to Murphy's law, I was using the wrong one

Regards,

Vianney.

Answers (0)