cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant open OSS Connection. The error message is "Error in program 'SAPServiceConnector': ======> SAP_CMINIT3 : rc=20 > Connect to SAP gateway failed"

Can you please help?

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed service connector on your PC or to the system from where you are trying to open type connection.And if you have installed that also and again trying to open after you get that error.See at the bottom, two options are there(if I remember correctly) : Are you able to open the connection successfully: (yes) and (No) click on No.Then come back and again check.Hopefully you will be able to open the connection.

I am saying this because I face the same problem and even after following the correct steps connection were not opening and we are getting some return code.Then out of the two options (Yes and No) I have selected No(if I remember correctly) and when I came back connection started opening.

It happens two to three times and now after 8 months everything running smooth.My reply can be unorthodox but it worked in my case.

All the best.

PS: Also check weather you SAP router is up and any firewall present

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for a fast reply.

We have a scenario here that requires OSS connection

I just did like this

Went to sevice.sap and logged in clicked on Connect to SAp > Maintain Connections> Chose the respective system>R/3 connections>Gave the time to be connected (Period) and checked whether the router string is correct. Then clicked on Start Connections.

The stfk.oez was opened. It asked wheter SAPGUI is installed locally. I clicked OK.

Showed the error message that connection cannot be opened. Please check dev_rfc.trc.

I checked that and the above mentioned error message was shown.

I checked whether the RFC (SAP OSS) in SM59 is working. The test was successful.

I also tried as Ashithosh told and it was unsuccessful.

Still I cant open the connection.

Please help

Thanks

Shyam

PS: The service connector is already installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disable all firewalls and antivirwus software for testing.

and post full log ( if it no so big) at least last 20 lines.

P.S. try to save (not open) the stfk.oez file and in GUI create the new "USER-DEFINED"

specify this parameters... ARE the "routerstring" correct ?

Are you can ping your SAPROUTER from PC ? And login for it ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I saved the file and it solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly has now happened and how it has helped you? Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Installed service connector on yr system

save .oez file and double click in that chk the log

that will help out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. What you do concrete, and on this step you see this error. As you can see "Connect to SAP gateway failed" , check traces after you see this error in ST11 t-code. Are you disable all firewals and antivirus software for testing ? More info need from you ....

P.S. can you post full error ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether your Router is in connected status or not.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks

Rama