cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a calculated expression.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have requirement of editing a calculated expression, is it possible to do so in MDM?

If possible please let me know.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I have requirement of editing a calculated expression, is it possible to do so in MDM?

If possible please let me know.

You can edit the calculated expression in MDM console.

You will have to unload the repository and go to the field properties of the field whose calculated expression you wnat to change.

Double click on the calculated expressions and then edit them.

Save it by Shift+Enter.

Load the repository with Upload indices. You will find the updated Calculated expression to be in function after that.

Hope it helps.

*kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My requirement is not to change the expression. I want to change the value which I have got in Data manger based on the expression.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Current versions of MDM doesn't support this and seems valid also. If you could explain your requirement so that we can atleast try some workaround.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply.

My requirement is I want some fields to be dafulted with values when i am creating or importing a

record & i should be able to change atleast one time if required.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramos,

My requirement is I want some fields to be dafulted with values when i am creating or importing a

record & i should be able to change atleast one time if required.

In my View, you can use the Assignments for this requirement. You will have to include the assigment in a workflow and then run the workflow for the import of records. SO as soon as the records are imported, the default value for the field for which you have written the assigment will be achieved.

You can't use Calculated Expressions for this requirement, as you will not be able to change its value later on.But with Assignemnt, you will be able to make changes to the defualted value

While Importing, you can then defualt some fields with some values.

Just use this field property: For that field, You can make the field property as Writable Once as" YES"/"NO".in console.

This property will allow you to make changes to that field if it is NO and will not allow you to make changes if its YES.

So if you want to use it, put Writeable Once as "NO" for that field.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Aug 5, 2008 6:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

You can achieve this by using Assignments in Workflows. In case of Importing it will work as expected. Just create the Assignments for the fields which you need to set and set the Trigger Action of Workflow on Record Import. Also in the Import Manager specify the Workflow name in the Configuration options in Checkout/Workflow property.

But in case of Record Creation you will get the default values only after saving the record. Because workflows in MDM works only on the records present in the Repository.

Note: If you want the fields should get the value Once only then set the Writable Once property of that field.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja