cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using validations & assignments inside a Qualified Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We all know that validations can be written in Qualified lookup tables.

1. If I write a validation on a qualified lookup field then how can i use the same?

2. Will I be able to write validations on the qualifers(as it will not be present in the lookup table)?

Regards,

Pramod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Refer to the following link to understand how to write validation and assignment expression for Qualified Table.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/102dc4e5-07c9-2910-93b3-f49c8ed5...

If U find any difficulty then do post ,I will try to help you.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod,

You can write the validation in Qualified lookup tables but as it contains only the non-qualifier values so you can write the validation expression only for the non-qualifiers.

If you want to write a validation on qualifiers then you can write these validation in main table only as you know the qualified lookup field is part of main table records.

But there is again a limitation on the qualified record in main table that is if you select more than one record in qualified lookup field then your validation will not work properly.It works fine only in case of single records in qualified lookup field in the main table.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

1. If I write a validation on a qualified lookup field then how can i use the same?

2. Will I be able to write validations on the qualifers(as it will not be present in the lookup table)?

If I understood correctly you want to write validation for the qualified table using Qualifiers. This is not possible as in the qualified table w maintain only the non qualifiers. Qualifier lookup table are part of Main table.You need to select the main table for writing validation on Qualifiers.

Lets hear from others if anything is possible.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To write validation and assignments for qualified table.u can select the qualified table in the left side search,and then write the validations and assignments for the respective qualified table.I think they will work then.

Rgds

Ankit