cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

in our company we are using 3 system landscape .

SAP VERSION : ECC6.0

but in all the three systems dev, qua, pro we have installed only ABAP AS

i have the following questions ,

-is that possible to configure service desk and change management in our solution manager

-do we need to include solution manager also in the system landscape

-is configuring SLD is a pre requisite for configuring service desk/change management ?

gurus please advice me ...

i am planning to prepare a case study and submit . to make optimal usage of solution manager

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> is that possible to configure service desk and change management in our solution manager

Anand:Yes its very much possible to configure Service Desk and change Mngt in our scenerio.....

> do we need to include solution manager also in the system landscape

Anand: Its better you do it !! No harm at all ....

> is configuring SLD is a pre requisite for configuring service desk/change management ?

Anand: As i already told you.... Solman has Java instance as well.. You can switch off the Java engine if its not reqd...No SLD is not a Pre-requisite to configuring Service Desk or change Mngt...

Inspire ppl by rewarding...

Regards,

Anand..

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u have any links or doc for configuring service desk in solman .

currentky i donnt have oss id as i recently joined in the company

it would be great if anyof u help me to get the document for configuring service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shalini,

Trust me... You dont require any kind of Documents for configuring Service Desk to configure Service Desk.... You just have to follow all the nodes given in the IMG path related to Service Desk.......

Every node has a Documentation attached to it...... This gives you what needs to be done and why it needs to be done.....

Follow the IMG path: SAP SOLMAN->Confguration->Scenario Specific Settings->Service Desk...

We also have Webblogs with regards to Configuring Service Desk.....Here are two of them.... You can reference them for your configuration......All the Best !!

1)

2)

Inspire ppl by rewarding !!

Regards,

Anand.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ! thanks a lot anand .

one more query .

currently we use excel sheets for requesting and updating the user creation/modification/deletion from the functional team

also they request only by mails if they have any problems .

so i wish to suggest the implementing service desk for this .

is this idea truly worth ?

can i go ahead and suggest after making a detailed study on configuring service desk ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shalini,

Yes u can suggest the same...... Wats also recommended is that you have a seprate transaction type particularly meant for User creationsdeletions..... Let it not be identified as incidents....

In this way incidents follow a different process and User Creation\deletions follows a different process

However if can also be managed as single process.......

Inspire by rewarding..

Regards,

Anand..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anand ,

thanks once again . but what do u meant by maintaining separater transaction for user creation/ deletion ,

i dont exactly get that .

please can you explain more on the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anand ,

need one more suggestion .

before trying it in the production i need to configure this is some other system .

can i go a new system with solution manager installed to test the service desk configuring .

or can i make one more client in the solution manager nad try those configurations there ?

please suggest me, as this is first time i dont know exactly where to start and how to start ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shalini,

You can use the current solman and on the current client as well..

What you need to do is copy transaction type SLFN to some Z transaction type....and to this z transaction type attach you own status profile, action and so on..

Now this Ztransaction type could be used for process like Usercreation and deletion and so..

SLFN transaction type could be used for normal incidents..

Further assistance can be provided by CRM consutlants...

Regards,

Anand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

so after copying the transaction type SLFN , can i continue with further steps as shown in the document

one more doubt ,

u said to copy slfn to 'zslfn' for users creation/ deletion .

so need i have to create one more transaction type for posting their normal queries/issues ?

is that sure that trying in production client does not creates any problem ?

i am afraid as i m doing it for the first time ...

i m sorry for bothering u

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry if this sounds absurd .

we have not implemeted SAP CRM in our company .

what is the role of crm consultants in this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shalini,

Copy SLFN to two new z transaction type one for incidents and other for User creation\deletion....

Nothing wil happen if u do it on production client...

But if u have one more client available, then better play a safe game and configure on the a diffrent client..

Regards,

Anand..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anand ,

thank you very much ...

one more doubt before starting ....

do we need to add all systems to the landcape in the newly cretaed client before configuring service desk in that ?

does the settings made for service desk are client dependent or client independent ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to ask one question in this regard