cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I send message to CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expert,

I need to send message or file to CCMS, I'm new in CCMS, please give me some tips,thanks very much.

sap system is 640 abap&java double stack.

Best regards

minghong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Song,

Can save a lot of your valuable time by telling you only about the events/errors you have to take care of.Here all about the Alert monitoring.Below I am giving the weblogs which are beautifully described about CCMS and mail alerts.

Follow the weblogs one-by-one.

I hope at the end of this you may get some knowledge on Alerts.

XI:Alerts step-by-step. (fundamental Basic)

CCMS Monitoring for XI. (CCMS monitoring for XI is enough later

we configure to Adapter Engine).

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-1

(This is Important)

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-2

( " " )

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part 3

( " " )

Solution Manager CEN and Alerting configuration (Advanced)

Thanks,

Satya

Reward if it is help ful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to monitor the java stack with sapccmsr, make sure you register with the -j2ee flag.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya and Anupama,

Many thanks for all your reply.

I didn't get much time to read the guides carefully,I'm confused with some problems:

1) CCMS can monitor non-sap components(such as a java application or a file directory)?

I installed an agent SAPCCMSR in a windows2003 system, but there is an error about ntvdm while setting up environment.

2) can I send information to CEN ?

3) I also tried another way -- I set up central monitoring on WAS640 server, to monitor NSP700 ABAP, I've performed the setup tasks as the SAP PDF <installing an agent on an ABAP Instance> document, during the registration, it says "ccms monitoring segment has wrong EYE CATCH"

4) I have defined two RFC destinations, one for data collection, one for analysis methods, when I edit the destination NSP_RZ20_collect, connection test is success, but when create an entry to remote monitoring of an sap system, it says "connection test to destination NSP_RZ20_collect terminated with errors"

Thanks again & Best regards.

Minghong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MingHong,

1) CCMS can monitor non-sap components(such as a java application or a file directory)?-------

ya,ofcourse CCMS can monitor non-SAP components as tehy will be on SAP Web-AS only.......

I installed an agent SAPCCMSR in a windows2003 system, but there is an error about ntvdm while setting up environment.

-

I dont think it should create this user.And just have a look onbelow diif users.

Different Typesof Agents are available forDifferent Components

SAPCCMSR

---Monitors theSAP J2EE Engine and components without any active SAP instance.

---Transfers detailed OS data to CEN by help of SAP Os Col.

SAPCCM4X

---Transfers CCMS alert monitoringdatafromanySAP System as of Release 4.0 to CEN

---Requires no dialog work process on centralsystem

---Can be registered at several central systems to ensure high availability.

SAPCM3X

---ConnectsSAP Systems 3.X to a central monitoring system delivering the dispatcheru2018s performance data.

CCMSPING

---New: Nowan active data supplier for SAP system landscape monitoring(pushes availability data to CEN)

---No longer requires a dialog work processon central system

2) can I send information to CEN ?

-

ya u can send info to cen with a minute.using ccmsping user.

3) I also tried another way -- I set up central monitoring on WAS640 server, to monitor NSP700 ABAP, I've performed the setup tasks as the SAP PDF <installing an agent on an ABAP Instance> document, during the registration, it says "ccms monitoring segment has wrong EYE CATCH"

4) I have defined two RFC destinations, one for data collection, one for analysis methods, when I edit the destination NSP_RZ20_collect, connection test is success, but when create an entry to remote monitoring of an sap system, it says "connection test to destination NSP_RZ20_collect terminated with errors"

the following link will help you technically in this context::::

---https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2bc02d89-0901-0010-be9c-9c038d739e60

---

http://www.sap.info/public/INT/int/index/Category-28943c61b1e60d84b-int/0/articlesVersions-3010846c9...

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M.Hong,

Basically ,CCMS is used for monitoring as satya has already told so there are different ways for monitoring the java instances ,ABAP instances.Usually we first coonfigure the central monitoring system(actually you just assume one system as u'r CEN so that solely it will be responsible for monitoring and system management) instances,for this some simple steps are followed.May be the following link can help you in this context:::::

For Basic Knowledge::::

http://sapnetweavernotes.blogspot.com/2008/04/ccms-and-sap-solution-manager.html

For Configuring:::::::::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/02/411841a66af223e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

For Alerts::::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/02/411841a66af223e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Anu