cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to open a rowset error comes when trying to run the crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to run the crystal report and I receive the error 'Failed to open a rowset'.Details:40001:[Microsoft][odbc sql server driver][SQL server] Transaction (Process id 119) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as deadlock victim.Return the transaction.

Please help me....

Can anybody tell me how to handle deadlock situation with crystal reports?

Edited by: Deepa Thakur on Aug 5, 2008 10:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deadlocks is some concept related to the database

you have to conact the database Administrator to handle those kinds of problems, and see whats the reason of the deadlock.

nothing you can do to deadlocks with Crystal Reports, or any other reporting tool.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amr,

Thanks for your reply. But in my case though I'm not a DBA but I have to resolve the issue. In some of the deadlock solutions its mentioned that NO_Lock can be used, but it gets used in select statement. But in crystal report no such statements exists, so I'm not able to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepa,

I've run into the same deadlock error. It usually happens to me when I'm running reports that are particularly intensive in terms of server memory and / or processing, such as correlated sub-queries or looping statements involving big tables. It will also happen when there is heavy usage from the from end application, by front line users.

I'm no DBA, but I get the impression that SQL Server is smart enough prioritize requests. Basically, it deadlocked the report request in order to keep other processes up and running.

My solution... Wait for "off peak" times to run these types of reports. Also I publish my reports to CR Server and schedule them to run at night.

Hope that helps,

Jason

PS If you do find a way to avoid this error without compromising front end application performance please post it. I hate, it makes me nuts too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jason,

Thanks for your reply. Sure if I find any solution to this problem I'll post it.

Answers (0)