cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to assign new sales document type to sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created new sales document type. While I assigning to sales area it showing error " Define <XXX/XX/XX > first as a general sales area." I had already created sales area in enterprise structure. I had configured Combine sales org, dist channel & division also. Kindly help me on this.

Regards

Nagendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I faced same problem ....

And answer is maintain Refrence Sales org, Ref Dis chl and Ref Div using OVAO , OVAM and OVAN respectively...

Regards,

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check in OVAO, whether the reference sales organisation has been maintined or not. If not, then maintain your sales org and Ref Sales org as the same and try.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked OVAO and see entry for sales org. 1000

Reference sales org is the same (1000)

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales Document Type

IMG > Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents >

Sales Document Header:

1. Sales Document Type:The sales document types represent the different business transactions, such as Inquiry, Quotation, Sales Order, etc. To create new sales order type, always copy as with reference to similar sales order. If possible use standard sales order.

2. Define Number Ranges For Sales Documents: Maintain number range with discussion with core team.

3. Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types:

A. Combine sales organizations / Combine distribution channels / Combine divisions: Ensure to maintain these, else Sales Order creation will give error.

B. Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas: Assign only required Sales Order Types to required Sales Area. This will minimize selection of Sales Order Type as per sales area.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have similar problem. Below what I have done:

OVXA

I have Sales Org 1000 assigned to Division 07 (High tech)

OVXK

I have Sales org 1000 assigned to Distr. Channel 10 (Final Customer Sales)

OVXG

I have defined combination:

1000 - 10 - 07

OVAZ

I have defined combination

Sales Org. 1000

RefD: 10

Div: 07

SaTy : OR (Standard Order)

Whenever I try to create new sales order (type : OR) via VA01 it gives me an error (on the first screen):

"Order type 'OR' has not been defined in Sales area <'1000','10','07'>

Message no. V1502"

What could be wrong here?

What I have missed?

I don't understand system behavior.

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go-through my earlier comment in the same thread.

Moreover, U may Check:

VOR1: Common Distribution Channel

VOR2: Common Division

Hope, this will resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry got posted twice.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I indeed have tested both

VOR1

VOR2

In both I see correct entries

In VOR1 I see combination 1000 and 10

In VOR2 I see combination 1000 and 07

The rest in VOR1 and VOR2 is not relevant, because there are only references (like for VOR2 I have 1000/07 and then DivCon:00 and DivCus:00)

any other ideas?

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u must have maintained T. Code: OVAZ - Assignment Sales Doc. to Sales Area.

I'll check and revert, ASAP.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

I found the reason, but don't know solution yet

I have debugged it and its quite strange for me.

I enter division "07" in VA01 but in debugging I see it was changed to "01".

System is looking for combination 1000/10/01.

To prove it, I have tested it as follows:

in OVAZ I added combination 1000/10/01 and it worked.

The question now is - why when I enter division "07" on the entry screen of VA01, it is changed to "01"

any ideas?

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already did it. See my first post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donno how much my suggestion will be relevant but i also faced the similar kind of problem. When you are assigning the Common DC & Common division and sales area-sales doc assignment.....have you entered the DC & Div numbers manually or selected from the menu list?

If you have entered it manually then delete the enteries and reassign by selecting thru F4 menu and i hope that it'll help you solving your problem cos it helped me.

Rgds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Will test it

Thanks for all suggestions

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I know the problem and solution (after I debug it)

This is because entries in TVTA table was not updated.

"Reference division for document types (by sales area)" is set to "01" for combination 1000-10-07

I have changed it in OVAN.

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have maintained following Settings:

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Sales and Distribution --> Define, copy, delete, check Sales Org

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Sales and Distribution --> Define, copy, delete, check Distribution Channel

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Logistics - General --> Define, copy, delete, check Distribution Channel

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Definition --> Logistics - General --> Define, copy, delete, check Plant (In case)

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Sales and Distribution --> Assign Sales Org. to Company Code

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Sales and Distribution --> Assign Dist. Channel to Sales Org.

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Sales and Distribution --> Assign Divsion to Sales Org.

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Sales and Distribution --> Set up Sales Area

SPRO --> IMG --> Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Sales and Distribution --> Assign Sales Org.-Dist. Channel-Plant

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Master Data --> Define Common Dist. Channel

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Master Data --> Define Common Division

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution Channel --> Sales Document Header --> Define Sales Doc. Type

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution Channel --> Sales Document Header --> Define No. range Sales Doc.

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution Channel --> Sales Document Header --> Assign Sales Area to Sales Doc. type

Best Regards,

Amit

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagendra,

I have query: are you transferring "Request" from one server to other server to the other?

If yes then I have solution...

Take care.

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagendra

In that case, it seems the customer has not been extended to General Data. This is bcoz, in XD01 / VD01, without entering Company Code, you had created this customer and hence the tab General Data has not flown originally. Go to XD01, input the existing customer code, company code and sales area and execute, so that system will give you a message, Customer already exists and will be extended.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagendra

Ensure that

- you have maintained the sales area in OVXG

- you have checked for consistency for enterprise structure in OVX8

Now go to OVAZ and try once again to assign the new sale document type to sales area

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipath,

I had checked setting in OVXG and done consistance check through tcode OVX8. Still I'm face same problem.

Let me know if I need to check some other configurations.

Regards

Nagendra