cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message mapping doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a JMS to idoc scenario....

Segment 10 : This segment will occur once for every delivery.

Segment 20: This segment will contain the Discrepancy details for the particular Delivery. This segment may occur zero to N number of times for the corresponding segment 10.

Segment 30: This segment will contain the Damage details for the particular Delivery. This may occur Zero to N so when ever number of times for the corresponding segment 10

my flat file looks like this

30 its one delivery till here

30 its second delivery here.

here we need to create 7 IDOCS as of the above picture.....we are doing JMS to IDOC..

will we be able to create idocs with graphical mapping.....if so what function do we need to use.....

please guide me...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to create 7/8 different IDocs for each of the 7/8 delivery on the receiver side as the result of the graphical mapping?

Also I didn't understand why segment 10 repeats so many times within the first delivery if Segment 10 can occur only once per delivery.

Can you please send through a better schema of the sender and receiver message structure and then explain the functional requirement for Node to Node - then we may help you with the implementation logic. The requirement is not very clear to me.

Regards,

Suddha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your above explanation, Segment 10 will occurs once for every delivery.

So if it will be always one for every IDOC to be generated, then in your given e.g there are Segment 10 is repeated 8 times, so if I am not wrong it should create 8 IDOCs.

You can do this with Graphical mapping..may be for few of the mappings you need to go for UDFs also based on conditions.

Just map the field from JMS side which will be passing the value 10 to IDOC node....

If all the above given values are under single field then add if condtion to check for value 10 and pass it to target node IDOC...

Let me know if you still facing any problem with it.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

any more ideas please.....

Edited by: PSRK on Aug 6, 2008 9:53 AM