SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need info about IS Oil and ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am an ABAPer. I want to learn ABAP for IS-OIL solutions.

How should I start ? Is there any matreial for abaper to learn IS-Oil?

Edited by: Manankumar Desai on Aug 5, 2008 12:24 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MananKumar,

You can find the IS-OIL documentation through this link. This will help you to understand oil functionality.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditi.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MananKumar,

You can find the IS-OIL documentation through this link. This will help you to understand oil functionality.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil472/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for some thing from ABAP side.

The Help has everytning about IS OIl and I dont have to know everything in detail.

Do you have some thing for ABAPers?

0 Kudos

Hi

For SAP IS OIL, I see that you need to look on the development standrads & its codification requirements based on IS Oil project requirements,some codes is used example,

V - Downstream processing (for incoming interface)

M - Upstream processing (for outgoing interface)

C - Control and conversion of the source file processing

A - Other processing that doesnu2019t make part of Interfaces.

Project developemts standards that is being used such as version managementfor ABAP Programs generated by BODI - Data integrator

specific to IS Oil is not many to say, but some terminology may be different, when you develop scripts, or smart forms for, Delivery note(bunkerdelivery note), Invoice (Payment advise) etc.

BT

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks a lot for your information.

Can you provide me more information about day to day work of ABAP IS OIL consultant and

other differences in ABAP with IS OIL point of view?

I would really appericiate your efforts.

Manan Desai.

0 Kudos

Hi Manankumar,

Well as per the day today activities is concerned the technical consultant is responsible for the developement tracking ( KO) tracking for the rollout being taken or end to end implementation, weekly or monthly.

As a ABAP er, if you will be given a task to prepare Technical specification, based on the functional specification for the development.

Develiverabes of objects which is assiged to you. if it is based on template kind of job then you need to adher as per IS Oil standards Specifications as i have mentioned you earlier.

Also, most important is that, all need to be delivered within the strict time lines.

Hope this may be helpful.

BT

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you tell me what basic knowlege should be required to work on IS OIL ABAP projects?

Is there some thing different in IS OIL technically from normal R/3? Do I have to learn something extra technically apart from normal ABAP?

What else clients look in to ABAPer for IS OIL projects?

Thanks a lot,

Manan Desai.

0 Kudos

Hi Manan,

Technical knowledge (Basic) for IS Oil is same as in ABAP. There is nothing specific, neverthless it depends upon the client requirements, you dont need to learn anything exta for IS Oil.

As per the client requirement is concerned, it all depends on the projects you have worked with, i mean working on ABAP objects specific to MM, SD, FICO Combination development objects, bcose we find most of them will be Z transations.

Thanks

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Manan,

Close the thread, if you are satisfied..

BT

Satish