cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending attachments in purchase orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where each material would have an attachment of it's drawing. Whenever a PO is raised to the vendor, it should get defaulted in the purchase order. Even if it is not physically visible, if the PO is sent by mail, the attachment should also be sent. Does anybody have any idea ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use document management system (DMS) to store the drawings, which can be attached to object "material". This can be send along with PO as attachment when the system e-mail to vendor.

We had a scenario, where in some temperature tracking details documents need to be printed along with packing list and we achieved using DMS. You can post your query in document management forum and you can get valuable inputs.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dsw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can attach document in System > Service of Objects. Configure Message type with medium as external send and with ABAPer add attachement while sending email.

Regards

Nagendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

You are talking abvout generic object services. I know how to do it manually. Can you please let me know how you are doing it and what should be the logic for the ABAPer to work on ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya