cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account and SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Hope you are all doing great.Have these queries which need your attention.

-Difference between G/L account and Account assignment categories?

-In IMG,why do we have to "define G/L account for product category and account assignment category"?Purpose of having accounting information for product categories...why?

-What does thes statement mean " Note that for each product category that you work with, you have to enter all possible account assignment categories and a G/L account."

-Who provides us details regarding the accounting assignment(CC # etc) and G/L account??The FI-CO dept.??

-When ordering a Shopping Cart,what is the account assignment/information taking place?I always thought that the user's/plant's account assignment is used here.

-Does every Plant,Purch. Grp,Purch. Org have accounting assignments??

Please make me understand these basics.

Thanks a ton.

Priya

Message was edited by: Priya Dixit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

-The account assignment category defines the main cost assignement field (Cost center, internal order, WBS,...), and the additional fields in the account assignment (Cost center, internal order, WBS,...) and their behavior (mandatory or not). It works the same way as in SAP R/3

The GL Account is the general account on wich the purchasing item is assigned.

-In R/3 (and therefore in SRM) all purchasing has to be assigned in accounting to a GL account. In R/3 MM/CO integration allows you to link each material group to different GL account through valorisation class (classes de valo en français).

In SRM you define this link directly

- That means that the available account assignement categories for user in their SC and/or PO creation is to be defined.

- Yes FI-CO dept

- Account assignement is to be filled in by the users (or manager, or purchaser) in the SRM document, but you can assign users default values through the org plan.

- Account assignement categories , and cost centers values available to users can be limitated in the org plan on whatever level you want (plant, purch org, department, user, ...)

Regards.

VAdim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Do you know if ECC 5.0 comes with either EBP or full blown SRM, including Supplier enablement, I find the SAP documentation very confusing it does not differentiate properly between R3 Enterprise & ECC 5.0.

Greetings

John C

sapsuresh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ECC 5.0 does not come with EBP or SRM.

ECC 6.0 (ERP 2005) comes with SRM Server as an add-on.

Only self service procurement and supplier enablement scenarios are supported.

Not recommended for sourcing scenarios and multi-backend deployment options.

Please look at http://help.sap.com/erp

Then click on SAP SRM for ERP.

you will find very good documentation here.

Kind Regards, Suresh.

PS: I wish you had started this discussion as a new topic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had seen the documentation. But still have the following questions:

BACKGROUND

We are looking to upgrade to from SAP R/3 4.6C to mySAP ERP 2005 next year and currently have SRM 3.0.

Support for SRM 3.0 is running out end of this year and we are planning an upgrade to SRM 5.0.

In regards to: SRM 5.0 AS ADD-ON IN ONE CLIENT SOLUTION FOR ERP 2005

It looks like we have the option to upgrade SRM to 5.0 or implement as an add-on.

SRM 5.0 Solution Master Guide: https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003030762005E section 3.8, page 69) provides information regarding limitations and business scenarios available in a one-client solution.

Which option we choose is a key decision for our SAP Upgrade Planning.

QUESTIONS

In the context of business scenarios available for SRM in a one client solution:

The questions I have is:

- What functionality is included in?

> Self-Service Procurement with Supplier Collaboration for MRO Procurement

I am unclear as to what this means and what functionality is included.

> Service Procurement (lean deployment)

I am unclear as to what this means and what functionality is included. I have found references to loose and close supplier integration for service procurement but not ‘lean’.

- What are the plans for future release of the ‘missing’ functionality in SRM as an add-on to ERP2005?

- Will all SRM functionality be included for future SRM releases as an add-on in a one client solution for ERP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In reference to and as a follow up on posting April 10, 2006 7:07 PM.

Apologies - that should read ERP2005 ECC 6.0 and SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer previous string of postings

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginette,

Do you have any new informations ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through an alternate source, I have received an SAP powerpoint presentation that clarifies somwhat the functionality for SRM as an add-on.

We have since done a decision request documenting the pro's and con's and a list of criteria with ratings. This facilitated selecting the option of upgrading to SRM 5.0 rather than using SRM as an add-on, the key reason being the additional functionality offered in SRM 'standalone'.

Best regards

Ginette

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ginette,

Would it be possible for you to share this comparison ?

If yes, you can email to yannbouillut@yahoo.fr

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginette

Could you pls share the comparison. Pls e-mail to anji_sap@yahoo.com

Thanks in advanace.

Regards,

Anji

Answers (0)