cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Exception Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Did any one worked on MRP Exception Messages (Using BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST) using xMII transaction.

Thanks

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, but if you don't mind me asking ,what are you trying to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to create the Transaction for the MRP Exception Messages using the BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST.

What I did is till now I downloaded all the Materials from the MDKP table by Plant wise and inserted into Oracle Database.

Using these plant number and Material Number I need to create a report for the MRP Exception messages.

I have 20 plants and 40,000 Materials in my Oracle Database.

I inserted into my Oracle Database with the one plant and one Material Number using the BAPI.

So now the problem is do I need to test for all (40,000) the materials using the repeater?.

Thanks

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say MRP Exception Message , are you trying to capture the BAPI's "Return" structre for any errors?

I am afraid you will have to use the repeater for each of the material because I see that the above BAPI can be run only for a single material at a time.

Having said this , 40,000 is too big a number for a report.

To the end user's horror It might take ages for the report to execute and who knows , it might exhaust your MII server of resources until the system finally dies.

I would recommend ,when you design the report , design/parameterise it in such a way that the final Material dataset coming out of Oracle is small and realistic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you.

Now I would like to check for the one plant and I have 700 Materials in that plant.

when I give one plant number and one Material Number I am able to get the MRP Exception records into my Database.

But when I try for the one plant and 700 material numbers I am unable to get the data.

I am using the repeater for the material number and I am giving inputs to the BAPI like

1.BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST.Request{/BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST/INPUT/PLANT} = Transaction.Plant(for exp: 2400)

2.BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST.Request{/BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST/INPUT/MATERIAL}=Material_Repeater.Output{/Rowset}.(for exp: 700 Materials)

Is this the way to give the inputs?

Could you please check?.

Thanks

Raghav