cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Sender Agreement for EDI File to Idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm configuring PI for EDI with Seeburger Adapter (Calling as a Module) and I'm having an issue with the Sender Agreement using File Adapter.

Process used is File to IDOC. EDI data will be picked up from VAN (Using existing FTP process rather than using Seeburger FTP) and stored in a folder which is being accessed by PI to send to R/3 to create orders.

All my inbound EDI will be stored in same folder which should be picked up by XI and distribute the same depending upon the respective scenario's in ID and respective mapping/config in IR.

The whole process IR & ID works fine and also creates Idoc in R/3, if I configure for one customer for EDI 850, but when I try to configure for second customer for same EDI 850 having same ANSIX12 version (V4010) as previous customer, I get stuck at the Sender Agreement part for this second customer because I use the same CC for File read for both the customers (Scenarios) and since there is a limitation with File Adapter "sender channel must not be assigned to more than one sender agreement ".

How can I create the Sender Agreement using the same CC for my other scenario?

I tried creating multiple CC for different scenario but when I place a test file for customer A, I see that its being picked up by both CC's.

Pl Advise.

Thanks!

PSR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, Thx once again.

Let me go thru the Seeburger documents and try the Splitter process.

Thx

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure splitter as module in sender file adapter (classifier->bic->splitter) as well as define a message splitter(with partner number and Seeburger mapping) in Seeburger workbench.

Thank you for the reply Aamir,

Do you have any document which can guide me through the process?

Does Seeburger Workbench play any role here? because I'm not using See FTP adapter to connect to my VAN. We get the data from the VAN using FTP process but not using See FTP. I'm using BIC to generate an XSD and SDA file, rest everything is in XI using File to idoc and IDOC to file process.

Thx

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Do you have any document which can guide me through the process?

Seeburger has a document regarding this,you can ask them for it.its related to getting functional acknowledgment.

>>Does Seeburger Workbench play any role here?

yes,it does.you are using seeburger modules and you need to configure one more module called splitter(if you haven't already done).

The module sequence will be classifier->bic->splitter.

Splitter is a very important module which will basically brach off the incoming payload based upon the sender partner number,EDI standard(850,860 etc) ,version(4010,3030 etc) and state(Accepted or Partly accepted).You can use the same sender agreement for all the inbound messages.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I get stuck at the Sender Agreement part for this second customer because I use the same CC for File read for both the customers

You need to configure splitter as module in sender file adapter (classifier->bic->splitter) as well as define a message splitter(with partner number and Seeburger mapping) in Seeburger workbench.

Thanx

Aamir