cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut and Paste not working for specific client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gui Gurus,

I have recently upgraded some users to Gui 710 Patch 8. However on one users install, she cannot copy and paste the entire content of a cell. For example:

If she copies aaaabbbbbccccdddd, she'll only get aaaabbbbbcccc. For some reason it gets truncated.

I have tried this on my identical install and can do the exact same cut and paste for the same input field fine. I did a reinstall of her Gui, but that did not help. I checked her user parameters and could not find anything to alter this behavior. I tried "Quick Cut and Paste" also, and that yielded the same incorrect results. I did not see anything else in the Options / I18N that would alter this?

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,

Jeff Martens

Basis Admin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Are this user have antivirus software ? May be it virus ) ? Try to patch on 9 patch level.

P.S. are you try it with your user/password in this "specific client" SAPGUI ? same situation? Are this user able

works on other SAPGUI (other PC) fine under his user/password ?

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

what if you paste the text in e.g. Notepad? Is the text complete there?

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good idea.....I had already tried it and it copied the entire / expected text.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

virus is not the problem, I'm sure.

How about the settings in the options dialog (ALT+F12 -> Options)?

Do you both have the last option in the "Expert" Tab switched on or off?

Which screenelement is it, where you do the Copy? ALV cell?

Kind regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I did try the cut & paste option in the expert tab and that did not work.

I am copying from a normal user input field to another input field. This is not static text that you would have to CTRL+Y to copy.

Thanks,

Jeff