cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager Assignment Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am trying to create some Assignments in Data Manager and they are failing when I execute them.

For example, one of the Assignments I made was to default the Reconcilliation Account to 155001 if the field was null.

My Assignment looked like this:

IF (IS_NULL(Company Code Data.Reconciliation Account.Code), 155001

As far as the Table Field goes, I am using Company Code Data...

Can anyone tell my why this is not working properly?

Thank you,

POINTS awarded to anyone who can help!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

Try the below expression:

IF (IS_NULL(Company Code Data.Reconciliation Account.Code), Reconciliation Account )

Above text in BOLD is selected from the Lookups tab present in the window of Assignment Expressions. Select the lookup table, it will automatically shows the lookup values and then select the value 155001.

Assumptions:

1. Company Code Data is a Qualified table

2. Reconsiliation Account is a lookup field present in the Qualified table which is looking into Reconciliation Account table.

Note: For assigning value into the lookup table you need to select the value from that table itself.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel like this answer is more on track but i'm still getting an error when I execute the assignment.

Does the 'table field' have anything to do with it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this also,

IF(FIND(Company Code Data.Reconciliation Account.Code, "" ), 15500)

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandeep,

Unfortunatley this did not work.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Replacing Code with Record while selecting Fields tab in

Assignment Expression as:

IF (IS_NULL(Company Code Data.Reconciliation Account.), Reconciliation Account ) Reconciliation Account select this from Lookups tab then Reconciliation Account then Choose lookup value from Selection. It is working fine at my side

It Should work.........

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

PERFECT! Thanks so much!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

If you want default values to be filled in the fields dynamically then it is alwsys prefered to use Calulated field instead of Assignements.As Assignemnts will have to be run on the records to populate the field whereas Default values will get populated automatically if used Calculated field.

You can use a similar expression on the field and check again.

In console make the fields type as NUMERIC and the calculated option as yes and then in the expression box write the expression for say FIELD2

IF(IS_NULL(FIELD1),100)

The field on which you are running the (calculation as in this case FIELD2) should be of type numeric otherwise it will not be able to assign the default value 100 to it.

So if your FIELD1 is null then FIELD2 will have the default value

Same will also work for Assignemnts if you wish to use Assignments.

Hope It Helped,

Kindly Reward Points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the table ur using is qualified type.If yes then u can't do it directly.

Better option is to make the field as calculated and then write the req Value in the calculation expression .This value will be automatically populated in MDM data manager and if not then right click and select option Recalculate.

Hope this may help u.

Rgds

Ankit

Edited by: ankit jain on Aug 5, 2008 5:57 AM