cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Where exactly do we assign the Credit Control Area while creating a customer through tcode XD01. Also can one customer have more than 1 Credit Control Area assigned to it??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction code FD31 or in the customer master go to menu Environment -> credit management to set the credit data for the customer.

It is just enough to have only one credit control area.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using FD31, but it doesnt exist. And as far as multiple Credit Control Area is concerned, I have a scenario in which a customer has multiple Credit Control Area assignd to it. I want to know that how is it done??

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I apologize, use FD32. You can use this to create the customer in multiple credit control area.

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

The credit Control area we assign in the Transaction FD32 where we assign the customer Reisk cate gories and the credit control areas.

Thus in the Same Fashion you can assign neumerous credit control areas to a particular customer.

But be careful with the setting of the total credit Limit which includes all the credit control area together.

This function is required if a Customer is existing in various Sales organization level and the Credit condtol area is assigned to the Sales Areas in the assignments.

regards,

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

KNKK table does not have the table maintenance generator hence the table cannot be directly maintained either by se16n or sm30.

please help me in this regard.

thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

> KNKK table does not have the table maintenance generator hence the table cannot be directly maintained either by se16n or sm30.

Hi Anoop,

You are right in saying that KNKK does not have table maintenance generator. But you can do the table entries by going to the general table display. Use the transaction code /nn to go to general table display. I have tried the same and it is possible to do direct table entries.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annop,

Did you get the answer for query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

KNKK table does not have the table maintenance generator hence the table cannot be directly maintained either by se16n or sm30.

please help me in this regard.

thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Where exactly do we assign the Credit Control Area while creating a customer through tcode XD01. Also can one customer have more than 1 Credit Control Area assigned to it??

Hi Anoop,

If a customer is created in several company codes, it is also possible that the customer is allocated to several credit control areas. Likewise, a credit control area can include one or more company codes, but a company code can only be assigned to one credit control area.

So if you want to assign a customer to diff credit control areas, you have to first create that customer in a new company code. Within the same company code, you cannot assign the customer to more than one credit control area.

The assignments are done with the following T.Codes:

OB38: assign company code to credit control area

XD02 / VD02: Sales area data screen -> Billing documents tab -> Credit control area

Hope I was clear. Do revert back in case of doubt.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the table KNKK the customer no and its corresponding credit control area is maintained.And it picks the data for credit control area FD32.

But there are 2 line items for a single customer in the first line item the data is properly maintained with the credit control area same as that maintained in FD32.

But the problem there is another line item which doesnt have any credit control area i.e. the credit control area field is blank .

How can this be possible since without any credit control area one cannot assign credit limit and all.

But in the table KNKK it is showing with blank credit control area and 0 as the credit limit.

thanks

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In the table KNKK the customer no and its corresponding credit control area is maintained.And it picks the data for credit control area FD32.

> But there are 2 line items for a single customer in the first line item the data is properly maintained with the credit control area same as that maintained in FD32.

> But the problem there is another line item which doesnt have any credit control area i.e. the credit control area field is blank .

>

> How can this be possible since without any credit control area one cannot assign credit limit and all.

>

> But in the table KNKK it is showing with blank credit control area and 0 as the credit limit.

Hi Anoop,

It is possible that this 2nd line item has been entered as a table entry instead of a transaction entry. If that is the case, then it may be possible that the credit control area and the credit limit have not been entered for this 2nd line item in the KNKK table, whereas the system may have picked up the first line from the data maintained in FD32.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anoop ,

the credit control area is asssingned to the customer master in the salees area -->billing .

a particular customer can be assingned to only one credit control area in FD32

regards

aditya