cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound 856 (ASN) Processing Options in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have few questions on EDI 856 inbound. I would like to understand the processing options in SAP for inbound ASNs. Here is the scenario followed by questions:

Scenario / Background

===================

We are on SAP R/3 Enterprise.

My client gets an ASN from distributors with items from multiple purchase orders.

The physical goods are directly shipped to customers.

Client crates inbound deliveries (one for each PO) and posts goods receiptz (one for each PO...of course).

Client is also looking at the possibility of creating GR without create inbound deliveries.

Client wants to avoid any custom development work.

Questions

===================

1. What message type, Idoc type & process code I can use?

2. Does the message type we choose create inbound deliveries as well as goods receipts? If not, what are my options to process inbound deliveries and goods receipts?

3. Is there a way I can process GR withouth creating inbound deliveries?

Any help would be appreciated and awarded? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found solution to this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you please explain the solution to your requirement. I am interested to know about it. Thanks for any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Unfortunately I do not think that you will get an answer now. Either your question is not simple or we do not know the answer.

So in the interest of keeping the Forum tidy and easier to surf through could you please close your thread and either try one of the other forums or try another post. I do not think that most people will bother to look this far back anymore.

Sorry I cannot help as I would if I could.

Regards

Frenchy.