cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch item reservation during VL01N or VL02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a delivery of a material with MARC-XCHPF set up is created, using the manual batch determination functionality, I can choose the quantity of this batch/material, because the strategy inserted on VCH1-2-3 tc is well configured and allow us to choose, per plant, the quantity needed per batch and allow the stock operator to make the pick-up of the right batch before post it on the delivery and finally post the GI.

The result must be the reservation of this batch/material but unfortunately this information isn't displayed in Stock Overview and during the following delivery of the same material, the manual batch determination allow us to reverse twice the same batch for the full quantity present in that moment in our stocks.

How can I "reserve" the quantity/batch for the first delivery and block the choose of the same batch for the second delivery?

Till now we used the MB5C tc to check where the batch are used in pick-up list, but it isn't an real time control.

Many thank for the suggestion.

Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How the batch search strategy type, quantity proposal is configured in SPRO?

Check if any routine is assigned for the field Qty proposal, if not then you can assign the standard SAP routine.

Also cant you see the quantity scheduled for delivery, when it is picked in MMBE?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our batch strategy, done by plant, the Qty proposal, field V_T685H-CHMVS, in SPRO is configured with value 1 (EN=Test Batches SAP; IT= Attrib. Top Down) and the include corresponds to LV01F001, standard SAP routine.

About second question you are right: on MMBE tc I cannot see the qty of batch not yet pick-up but "booked" by the first outbound delivery in column "SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY".

Bye.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you also check how the availability checking control is set-up in transaction code OVZ9? Check the box "include deliveries" in the in/outward movement.

My assumption based on your scenario is, the system still thinks that quantity allocated to first delivery is still available for second delivery for the same material. Hence the Availability check/Transfer of requirement process needs to be fine tuned.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

all the Availability Check Control rules, with Checking rules type B (= SD delivery) inserted on table view V_441V, list reported here below:

01 Daily requirements B SD delivery

02 Individ.requirements B SD delivery

CH Batches B SD delivery

have the flag INCLUDE DELIVERY set up (field V_441V-VBBLP).

Now I'll made some test modifying these entries step-by-step and checking if somethig will change or not.

I'll report you about and, if you will have any other ideas, please let me know.

Best regards, Roberto.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the define material block for other user in the availability check configuration? For the checking group used in the sales order and delivery you can check the "block" box.

You can also whether the availability check has been switched on at the delivery item category level.

Hope this will help to resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I've already checked this option but it's a temporary block while the first user is making the availibility of the material/batch.

So it isn't the right solution.

Instead I checked that movement type 601 is different, for example, respect to movement 261 that create reservation also displayed on MMBE tc; this last inserted as final movement of production order when a PO is created post automatically with MB21 a reservation, reservation that will be reversed when the effective 261 for GI for comsuption is posted. The 601 instead, as 633 W for sales from customer consignment stock, don't create a reservation and I'm investigating in this direction.

Do you agree?

Bye, Roberto

Answers (0)