cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Architecture Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am in a process of designing MII-12.0 architecture for the client. I have following questions

1. Do we really need a seperate instance of MII production version for each plant? I would recommend

each instance for important plants and regional wise MII instance for other plants.

2. Also I am thinking of having a central development and Quality MII instance at the corporate level.So all

the developments could be done centrally and it could be pushed to each plant as required.

Please let me know if you think the above methodology could cause any problems.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I think your methodology is good.Because i have seen for my case: There are two plants and only one instance of MII production version for both the plants.Because of this sometimes it is overloaded and we faced performance issue on our applications.Our scheduled transactions are started to fail also.

So i think each instance for important plants will be good.

Thanks,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I would be interested to know if you are using the central instance for reporting results, managing data, interfacing with SAP for each of the individual plants or are each of the plants essentially operating in a self-contained and independent manner?

If you are doing the first, perhaps you could give some more details on what you are trying to achieve.

If the second instance, then you should be fine with your setup depending on the network connectivity and server loading (Manisha's issues).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are planned to install central MII instance for management reporting to view and compare all

the plant data. We are still in planning level, will give you more information later.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

My 2 cents are arch strategy would be based transactional data load from each site , prefered strategy is to have central instance for all mgmt reporting perspective as it would also reduce the no of point of failiures in your solution.On the ground regional / site instances act as info providers & central instrance acts as the aggregator / publisher

Agreeing to previous posts such strategy are dependent on the data load / application usage.

regards,

Rajeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You do not need a separate xMII instance for each plant, but the decision to have or not have this architecture does significantly affect the design of your applications.

2. Works for me, but look into how this setup is affected by Implementation differences between plants. I know others on this message board have had issues with this kind of setup .