Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct profile assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anyone tell me which report in SUIM or table in SE16 will show me what SAP profiles have been directly assigned to a user in SU01 (rather than through role assignment) when I specify a list of users?

I have tried table UST04 however this shows all profiles assigned to a user, even those assigned to a role. I am happy to see direct and indirect assignments in the same set of results, as long as I can tell which is which.

Thanks v much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Acquire all the profiles assigned to user from UST04 table.

2. Go to SUIM -> Profiles -> Profiles by Complex Selection Criteria

3. Paste, the profiles copied from step 1 in the first input box

4. Run the report.

5. Those with the Single profile type " S Sgle profile " are assigned directly to UMR of user.

Please note this fact :

Generated profiles can't be assigned directly to user, if you try to assign them, SAP gives you a error message that this profile is

T-L1410009 is a generated profile. Assign the

associated role XXXXXXXXXX

So that's the trick

Regards,

Zaheer

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Acquire all the profiles assigned to user from UST04 table.

2. Go to SUIM -> Profiles -> Profiles by Complex Selection Criteria

3. Paste, the profiles copied from step 1 in the first input box

4. Run the report.

5. Those with the Single profile type " S Sgle profile " are assigned directly to UMR of user.

Please note this fact :

Generated profiles can't be assigned directly to user, if you try to assign them, SAP gives you a error message that this profile is

T-L1410009 is a generated profile. Assign the

associated role XXXXXXXXXX

So that's the trick

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In addition to above post,

The profiles that are SAP delivered and those profile which are Manually created by SU02 can be assigned directly to the user.

Generated profiles can only be assigned through associated roles.

Regards,

Ajit