cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File->XI->IDOC (how to start?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a newbee in the field of XI and have some doubts as below :-

1. What should be the business system and technical system type in the case of sending a file to idoc? Should it be a third party system or a web as abap system ?

2. I am not able to pick the file from my local system. Every time i need to place the file on the application server. What should I do to pick the file from the local server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

These links should help you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Navigate thru the above links to get all the information you require.

Cheers,

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For file to idoc u use

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

(This has multiple idocs based on some conditions which is extra for you i guess, so you may use message mapping based on your structure and not xslt)

Coming to your points,

1. see the thread

(Reply from Stefan)

2.Are you using ftp? if yes set the file adapter to poll this file at the set directory and set file processing mode to delete.When file is read it will be deleted and you can see an entry in sxmb_moni.

Did it help?

Regards,

Anirban.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1. What should be the business system and technical system type in the case of sending a file to idoc? Should it be a third party system or a web as abap system ?

use business service (ftp) to business system - abap(IDOC)

>>>2. I am not able to pick the file from my local system. Every time i need to place the file on the application server. What should I do to pick the file from the local server?

you have to use FTP server on your local machine (or on any other)

BTW

for documents have a look at Documents section on my XI FAQ:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk