cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone running ECC 6.0 on V6R1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning our ECC 6.0 upgrade and need to do OS maintenance as well. We are currently on V5R4 and want to go to at least V6R0 - or even V6R1 if there is a stable kernel. Does anyone have experience with V6R1 and NetWeaver 7.0 unicode kernel?

Thanks much,

Margie Teppo

Perrigo Company

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have been on V6R1 for almost a month with NW7.0 (ECC 6.0, BI 7.0, CRM 2007, SOLMAN 4.0, SCM 5.0, Portal 7.0) and NW7.1 (PI 7.1). We had several issues immediately after the upgrade and now the systems are stabilized.

Thanks to Sally for supporting us

Reg,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Just want to say thanks. It's nice to get the positive feedback too - and much appreciated!

Regards,

Sally Power

Dev. Support for SAP on IBM i

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kishore!

Your answer is just what we were looking for. In the meantime we did the V6R1 OS upgrade on a sandbox partition and TJ installed a patched kernel that is working with our ERP 6.0 sandbox, so we are on our way.

Very happy to hear others are successfully in production.

Best Regards,

Margie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Margie,

we have installed a Solution Manager 7.0 SR4 on a V6R1 P6 server model M25 and it's all ok , but need the last last last DW patch for kernel 700 unicode for working well !!!!

Best regards

Fabio Valle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for pointing me to that note, Sally. But what I'm really trying to find out is if there is a stable kernel for NW 7.0 on i5/OS V6R1 - and if anyone is already running it productively.

Hate to be the first - always looking to find out how things are running for others.

Best Regards,

Margie Teppo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margie,

You may want to take a look at the [SAP note 1148480|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1148480], which deals with known issues in the SAP / i 610 environment.

Regards,

Sally Power

Dev. Support for SAP on IBM i Systems

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Sally,

I'm trying to look at note: 1148480 because we're upgrading one of our partitions to V6R1 next week. I looked at this note a few days ago and noticed it mentions some patch levels we should be at for our kernel. When I tried to look at it today so I can get the needed patched, I get a message: 1148480 An SAP note with the number requested could not be found. Do you know when this, or a replacement note will be available? Thank you.

~TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

I hope to have the note freed up by the end of today. I have some discussions with IBM pending which will require an update, so I took it into processing for now. However, this doesn't relate to the information regarding required patches, which is as follows for 7.00:

APYR3FIX 5

APYR3KRN N/A

AS4FIXFILE 1

AS4RMTCCMS 7

DBSLDB4RMT N/A

disp+work (DW) 150

ILE N/A

JDBCEXIT 2

LIB_DBSL 149

LODR3KRN N/A

LODSAPKRN 8

R3trans 144

tp 145

When using Java, the following levels of Software Deployment Tools are

required:

SAP SOFTWARE DELIVERY MANAGER 7.00: SP16

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. Are these levels an absolute or a minimum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

They are a minimum.

Regards,

Sally Power

Dev Support for SAP on IBM i Systems

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Perfect - I appreciate your prompt assistance this morning.