cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Adapter for AS/400 DB2 (V5R1) Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a connection to an DB2 database on an AS/400 (V5R1) server. First does anyone know what JDBC driver I should use for this... I am trying to use the DB2 Universal type 4 JDBC driver... But have a suspicion I should be using the Legacy type 2 which I'm trying to track down with the client. If anyone can give me details as to where exactly I can find this driver it would be very useful???

Currently my settings are as follows:

JDBC Driver: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver

Connection: jdbc:db2://10.101.10.9:446/PROTST01

I have verified my user is correct etc... I get the following response in the RWB.

- 2006-01-13 10:54:40 GMT: Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:db2://10.101.10.9:446/PROTST01' failed: com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: local security service non-retryable error.

Can this error be resolved or should I concentrate on installing the legacy type 2 driver and trying that???

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Chandra,

I really need some detail on the correct JDBC driver to use for AS/400 (V5R1) and an example connection string would be useful. If anyone has experience of setting up this kind of connection before, help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have following similar situation.

We need to install jdbc driver for AS/400 (V5R3). What type of JDBC driver is recommended?.. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram

Can you go through this urls where they have mentioned the step by step process of how to resolve your issue:

---Satish