cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup Disaster Recovery for Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are about to setup Disaster Recovery for Oracle database.

If any one is having documentation of DR for Oracle Database request you to share with me.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh Sadu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I plan to create a DR site for our EP7.0 and decided on Oracle data guard.

Do I follow up Homogenous System Copy for Netweaver 7.0 for JAVA only?

In that case I have a question

When target db has been restored, sapinst installs JAVA instance and components. It requires database to be opened and it inserts datas in database. In STANDBY environment, db is in recover mode, so how would sapinst proceeds?

What is standard method of creating DR site using Oracle DATAGUARD? Can I simply setup DATAGUARD in Oracle SQL and then simply do a filesystem copy of executables? Would that work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After your hardware setup in DR Site, take RootVg & DataVg backup of your SAP application in Primary Site and restore it in your DR server.

Configure oracle dataguard and create DR site DB as physical standby database with protection mode.

Then Take offline backup of your database in Primary Site restore in DR Site.

Now start the DB of DR Site in mount mode start recovery process.

Datagurad will take care of shipping the logs from Primary Site to DR Site and MRP process will apply logs in DR Site DR.

For more information go through the below oracle link which explains about the Dataguard configuration.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239.pdf

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Naresh Sadu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleive your host name is same at PRD site as well as DR side but your ip would be different.

While switching the production to DR ,you have to make changes in the DNS to point your "PRD" to DR IP.

I believe this helps you.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the infrastructure you have in your environment?

DR for Oracle is very open topic.

U can prepare DR by prepapring a standby database and sync the Standby DB with the help of archivelog.

You can have backup and restore on a DR database.

If you have SAN than you can flash your DB periodically on a Standby SAN .

It all depends upon the Recovery time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective(RPO).

As far as document is concerned ,you can download the standby database setup guide from Oracle side or any other side.

Hope it helps.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

One more doubt.

We have restored our production data, CI & application servers file system data in our DR site.

We started Database & CI. Now before starting application servers whether we need to change any parameters so that this application server has to point CI in DR site.

Our hostname of the servers in primary site & DR site are smae.

Request you to please guide on this.

Thanks & Regards

Naresh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the links on

Markus