SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail: Site stock levels in Store and DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have created a site 1200. I maintained the same as DC in WB01 and created article and in Logistics:DC view and maintained stock level like reorder point, max stock , etc.

If I have to extend the same article to another DC and I want to maintain stock levels for site (DC) separately, how to do this ?

How to create the same site 1200 as Store for maintaining Logistic:Store view. I tried to create in WB01 and it says site already exists. In the list of store, 1200 is not appearing.

Can the stock levels be different or same for DC and Store for a site?

Please help.

Regards,

Ram

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Two types of sites are used in SAP Retail:

a)Distribution Centers that store and prepare merchandise for

other sites or customers-Profile 0100 Category -B

b)Stores which present merchandise and sell it to consumers

Profile -0110/0120 Category -A

Only One Reference Site will be created each for Distribution

Center and Store. In Reference Site no stocks will be

maintained .

Stocks will be maintained individually for DC and Stores.

For e.g Create Ref DC 1000 and use it in WB01 for your New

DC 1001 so that all common data wil be copied . Same applies to Stores. Ref Store 2000 and use it for New Store 2001.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your input. But can we not create a same site as a Store which is already maintained as DC in WB01 ?

How to maintain the same site as Store which is already a DC?

Pl help.

Regards

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi

You can treat your DC as a store as well so that good lot of store related features also work.

Basically just go ahead and maintain POS inbound profiles for the DC as well in that case as if its' a store. We have done it in a project and it works just as fine.

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

It is not possible to have a site to be both a DC and a Store. A site can either be a DC or a Store. As suggested by Milan, technically it is possible to 'sell' to the consumer from the DC but this is not a good practice. Also, from what I understand you require different set of replenishment parameters for the DC and the store.

I would recommend that you create 2 different site master records - 1 for the DC & 1 for the store (although it will be difficult to put into practice the STO process from the DC to the Store).

Regards,

Narayanan

Edited by: Narayanan Govindarajan on Aug 5, 2008 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayanan,

Thanks for your good input. We can not have a site as DC and Store. We can have either one. Hence we can not maintain logistices views for dc and stores for a site. If it is a dc, we can maintain RP parameters in logistic view-DC and if it is a store we can maintain the same in logistic store view, right?

If it is a DC, in listing view we have to give listing procedure only for dc and not Store ? While creating article in MM41, Can we give the required dc or store in logistic dc or store view ?

Can the same article be extended to another dc or store by giving validity area in MM42 and how this can be done ?

Please help

Regards,

Ram