cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure TMS using STMS. I have selected DEV as Domain controller and configured it. I have configured QAS as well. However, When I tried to configure PRD, I am getting the following error

System CRQ Command TMS_CI_PING

Client 000 Service Communication Interface

User DDIC Start Online

Date 30.07.2008 Function TMS_CI_PING

Time 08:18:36 Message RFC_COMMUNICATION_ FAILURE

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

There are a few items to check here. Take them in order.

1) Check to make sure that you can ping the PRD server from the DEV server (may need to update DNS or adjust a HOSTS file)

2) Check the PRD system to see if the RFC destinations have been created (possibly an authorizations issue in the PRD system)

3) If the RFC's are created in PRD (TMSADM... and TMSSUP...), check to make sure they can connect back to dev.

A majority of these issues are based in networking problems. Additionally, if you are using NFS mounts from Dev to QA and PRD, you may want to check to be sure that UIDs and GIDs are resolving correctly on the PRD system. You;ll need to make sure that the PRD can resolve DEVadm against a UID and that devadm is part of sapsys on the PRD box (also able to be resolved locally on PRD against the GID that DEV presents to it via NFS mount).

Break it into parts and work your way through it.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me exactly at what point in which system you got this error.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sathish,

Check whether tmsadm user in your PRD system(000 client) is locked or not.. If locked, please unlock it.. Also check in SM59 the RFC destination from PRD to DEV and QA is working fine...

Regards

Thilip Kumar