cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot during stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to create inspection lot when material is transferred from one plant to another plant in the same company code.

Process details:

A purchase order is raised from plant 1 to plant 2 using order type "UB Stock tranfer order" material is received in plant 1 against that PO after compliting the sales activities.

Let me know which inspection type , we have to assigned so that we get automatic inspection lot.

Regards

SG Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to activate 08 inspection type in material master of receiving plant.

Rgds,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank all you for replying against the thread. we have maintained Inspection type "08" as you had advice to me. But when we do MIGO with movement type 101, system doesnot create inspection lot and finaly material is went to unrestricted use stock.

Pl give the some idea why its happen.

Regards,

SADAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried it with fresh PO?

If the PO is created, then you activate the inspection type in the PO, it will not post the stock in QI but will create the Lot. So check whether it has created any lot with 08 inspection type. Check it in QA32.

Let me know what is the value there in Item Details Level data in teh PO under tab DELIVERY for the field Stock Type. It must be Quality Inspection.

If you find it difficult to find. Create fresh PO and test.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have assigned inspection type 08 in the receiving plant material and also i have created new PO

When we do GR against PO, Stock type is set by default "Unrestricted Stock" in MIGO.

if We change this Stock Type manualy from "Unrestricted stock" To "Quality Stock" , System create inspection lot .

We need system should post material automatic in Quality inspection stock.

Pl suggest how it is possible.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Roy Are you using Quality info record?

NOTE:- Inspection type will work only for Stock transfer (STO) and for PO against the external vendor the inspection type will be 01.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you check you have maintained 08 inspection type with post to inspection stock field check.in material master.

some time wht happend system shows unrestricted stock in migo for display purpose only and when you goods receipt it automatically goes to the quality check with inspection lot, please check it.

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to give thanks to all who has given answer against this thread and also i would like to give special thanks to Shyamal and Pravin for their valuable suggestion.

Now i want to closed this thread

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy.

You need to active 08 Inspection type in Plant2 Material Master.

Regards,

Babusingh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need to activate 08 Stock transfer inspection.

at the recieving plant material should have this inspection type

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Its inspection type 08, for the reeving plant.

Regards,

Shyamal