cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of other DMS Functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would to know the following functionalities in DMS for it's use and how does it work:

1. Extras, "Settings"

2. Extras, "Change Front End Type"

3. Environment, "Document Where-Used"

4. Environment, "Check In Archive"

5. Environment, "Copy from Archive"

6. Original, "Check In as New Version"

7. Original, "Process under..."

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Jun Vinuya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

Thanks for the information you provided me regarding my queries on DMS functionalities. It helps me understand the uses of these functions in DMS.

Thanks and Regards,

Jun Vinuya

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

regarding the mentioned function I would like to provide you the following information:

1. Extras, "Settings"

Here you can define a path for editing originals for a specific workstation application. So let's assume you maintain path C:\temp\ for application WRD. Then every time you edit a WRD original the copy will be created at path C:\temp\ without asking you to choose this path.

2. Extras, "Change Front End Type"

With this menu entry you can switch the frontend type in DMS. The frontendtype could be maintained in transaction DC20 and is mainly used to define where the local copy of an original should be placed when you display the original in CV03N or CV02N. You could maintain several frontend types in DC20 and change them in this menu entry.

3. Environment, "Document Where-Used"

This entry helps you to show the validity of this document info record.

4. Environment, "Check In Archive"

With this entry you can check in an original into an archive which means to be a former storage

solution. Currently I would recommend you to use the storage in a Content Server and then this menu entry is greyed out.

5. Environment, "Copy from Archive"

Nearly the same as above. This is also only used if you do not use Content Server storage.

6. Original, "Check In as New Version"

With this functionality you can create a new content version of an original. Then you will see a small arrow on the original tab beside the original. With this arrow you can expand the different content versions for this original.

7. Original, "Process under..."

This could be used for editing originals. But I would recommend you to use the icons instead of this

menu entry.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.