cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation on High Availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone let me know the difference between Distributed Environment and High Availability Environment

We would like to implement High Availability Environment in our case using IBM AIX Switchover cluster Software.

Node A :

CI & SCS - Active

DB - Passive

Node B:

DB - Active

CI & SCS - Passive

OS Details : IBM AIX 5L

DB : Oracle

How the installation will be, like I should install like CI,SCS & DB will be on the shared drive?

Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I shall update the thread after installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samrat,

But we can go for OS clustering in distribution environment also.

Regards

S.BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to have a shared drive for CI,SCS abd DB on the shared drive something like SAN.

You will have HACMP the IBM Cluster SW shall be configured and installed properly.

You may need support from the AIX engineer to configure it.

DB and CI installation will be done by Basis normally.

Yes ,there is arequirement to install and db and OS Filesystems on shared drive.

For further information ,you can look for inst guide at service.sap.com/instguides

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Can anyone let me know the difference between Distributed Environment and High Availability Environment

Distributed Environment is one on which DB instance and SAP instances are installed on different servers

advantage: I/O load on Database server is reduced, performace is good , but there is chance of non availbility if one fail

High Availblility is installtionis carried on two nodes by which is by any chance one fail other will take care

by this system will availble to end user all the time

Samrat