cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice authentication in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to remove webservice authentication from PI 7.1 webservices. How to do so?

Workaround : 1. I have commented out the below lines from web.xml, but there is no effect.

<!-- login-config -->

<!--

<login-config>

<auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>

<realm-name>XISOAPApps</realm-name>

</login-config>

-->

2. Instead of BASIC have given none for <auth-method>, but still asks for the username/pwd. We don't want to give the PIAPPLUSER or other userId to clients.

Could you please tell me, how to remove the authentication to access the webservice in PI 7.1. Actually, I didn't face this issue in PI 7.0.

Please share your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually this is the default behavior of SOAP adapter to ask for the PIAPPLUSER. So if u will disable the authentication (through visual admin) then it will be applicable to all soap sender channels.

You can try the following in a test/dev-system: Extract the SOAP-adapters WAR-file from the corresponding sda. Then extract the deployment-descriptor from the war-file and delete there the related security-constraint, login-config and security-role sections (makes absolutely sense to save the original descriptor beforehand). ZIP the files again with the new deployment descriptor and deploy the SDA via SDM.

From

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

By default,SOAP Adapter will ask for the User ID and Password for authentication.

Other option is to inform the sender side application to include the User ID and Password in their application.

Example: sample code for PHP:

$client->setCredentials('<user>','<password>');

Ask the sender side application to check if the library that is being used have some class/method like to set the credentials( for User ID and Password).

Regards

B.Dheepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Could you please tell me, how to extract the sda file? My PI 7.1 server is installed in Windows platform.

In PI 7.1 we don't have Visual Administrator, so could you please tell me in /nwa link..how to remove the SOAP webservice authentication....?

Regards

Sara

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me, how to extract the sda file?

U can find the sda file on the XI server only. The name of sda is aii_af_soapadapter.sda. Extract the .war file from the sda using zip utilities. The location could be something like /usr/sap/xxx/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/. After the modifications mentioned above, u ll have to redeploy the adapter.

Note: This should be done only on test systems.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

The aii_af_soapadapter.sda file is present in PI 7.0 but not there in PI7.1. May I know in whice file we have to do the above changes for PI 7.1?

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara

I am facing the same issue

how did u mange to solve it in PI 7.1 ?

thx

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sara,

Did you find the location of the sda in PI 7.1?

Thx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sara

If the webservices are required to be consumed in company network then publish the webservice using UDDI client this allows applications to consume services without authentication credentials.

In case it need to be consumed from internet then use HTTPS and embed Authentication data with the applications consuming the services. It is not recommended to allow webservices consumed with authentication.

Regards

Gaurav