cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make changes in Authorization profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

In R/3 4.7 i used to change authorization profile in tcode SU02.where as in ecc 6.0 i dont find any change option it shows "Generated profile can only be displayed"

I want to remove the particular tcode from that authorization profile.please help.

Regards

AKI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry not helpful .Link provided is for role creation. please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Indeed that link was only for clear concept of Roles.

The solution was to create a new role and include all the authorization from old profile into new role.

As you cannot edit profile in new SAP releases as here Generated profiles can only be displayed.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samrat

Problem is the same as no role is related to that profile.As it would have been the role i would have done tht.

That profile is shown in profile column as no role is matching the profile.As per my knowledge every role created has its profile generated .please help.

Regards

Aki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samrat,

Can u just help me with the procedure . As i am nowhere in Pfcg can't find any option changing profile.

Regards

Aki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you know what which role role is assciated with that profile

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aki

In new SAP versions, they have replaced direct profile generation with Roles concept and all the new profiles are attached to the roles. Follow this link and read it completely and understand the concept.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw21c/helpdata/en/52/6714b6439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

You cannot change a profile directly, instead you will have to insert authorization from the existing profile into a new role and generate a new profile for that role.

Goto PFCG, create some new Z role. Save it, then goto authorizations tab, in the profile text box enter the profile name you want to edit authorization of. Goto change authorization Data. make the required changes. Then in the menu on top left hand side you will see a red and white ball press that and generate profile. Now you have a new role with required authorization. You can attach the role to required users.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now security concept got changed

few profiles are associated with role you cannot maintain in su02

and we need to use role for doing security

i belive using PFCG is more simple than working with SU02

Samrat