Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How merge the roles?

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to merge 2 roles within a system....pl let me know urgently.

Early reply is highly appriciated.

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

We can do it through Edit tab in that From profile we can do ....thans for every one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to PFCG t-code and click composit role there u give 2 single roles. like this u can merge 2 single roles in to one single.

then U assing that composit role to Users.

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

I do not want to create a new composite role i just want to merge(override) the aurh obj from role B to role A..there is no way to create a new role i have to merge the role in existed one's

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just transfer the authorization objects from B to A??

Whats the problem? you're making a simple task very complex.

Check if Objects in B exist in A if they don't add them if they do just go with the next one... as simple as that.

regards

Juan

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

i think its not that simple ....ok let me explain my req..

have the same auth obje in both the roles but values are different now i want to merge both the values in to role A whatever in the role B.

the process itself a tricky....sorry for the misleading

Former Member
0 Kudos

it very simple

Create composite role in PRCG

Samrat

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

No...i let me explain in detail

I have a role A and B,i just want to merge role B with role A actually B has created as a Add-on role only.

I just want to merge role B with A ( i need to club the auth in B with A)

Let me know if you need any more info.

thans for the quick reply.

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your discription on your requirment is bit confusing

better you post this question security forum

as far i could under stand is you want only role A and remove roll be so you want all the authorisation with role B need to go to role A

goto PFCG enter role A and menu tab select add from role menu select role B add now all the menu in role b come into role A now generate profile for this

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yoy are saying that Role B is just an add on to Role A. In that case i assume the same authorization objects are used in both the roles..

Go to PFCG, enter the role name and click on change authorization data. Scroll through the list of authorization add the list of extra transactions or just modify the activity field within the Maintained field.

In order to this you should be very clear about the functionality what the role B does.

and then generate the profile.. Before doing this, it is advisable that you download the role and proceed with these activities..

Regards

Thilip Kumar

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Samarth,

In role A having the huge data includes a order type auth obj values like 1 to 11 and in B role created with only the auth obj with order type and given 1 to 12 (in Role B has only order type) so now i want to merge B with role A, i want the order types 1 to 12 in role A.

Hope you undertood the req.

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then do role comparision in SUIM and missing can be added in role A

suim->comparrion-from roles

Samrat

chandrasekhar_pandiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes..we can do manually by adding those auth obj from role B to A but i want to merge it through the system to sync properly...is there any way to do that.

Thanks for your reply.

Chandu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just create a composite role via PFCG and add the 2 roles

Regards

Juan