cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice new pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the copy control between delivery and billing, there is a pricing type. This determines whether at the time of invoicing new automatic pricing has to be carried out? Also, in V/08 where you define the pricing procedure..there is a pricing type here also..., so in case these 2 differ, which pricing type will be considered??

Rgds,

Rags.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. if you maintain same price type indicator , then in the billing determination ie calcuation takes place twice.

2. if you maintain different pricing indicator . then in billing determination take place twice but the pricing date will be different.

say example

In pricing procedure/ copy controls. in you maintain price type b : means determination of conditon value again. so the sales order price date and billing document price date changes.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

not clear..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to maintain Pricing Type in Copy control and not in V/06 - Condition Type.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh, it is available in V/08...and this is new with ECC 6.0... can U check and let me know?

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my 4 yrs experience, I have not tried using the same. But I appreciate your approach to understand the same. It will be a good learning for everyone, following the trail of this Blog, once we get the reasoning. Also we might get to learn that what has priority.

I had a great learning in Customer Master, regarding Terms of payments in Customer Master i.e Terms of Payment in Company Code Data in Customer Master is for Reporting and in Sales Area Data is being considered in Sales Order.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes and above that, since this is a new feature introduced with ECC 6.0--so am pretty sure, there is some good reasoning why SAP has introduced this..

What I guess is(out of my experience):

Since the pricing proc determination is dependent on sales area, DoPP, CuPP-- to accomodate a different behavior for a particulat Sales Area this has been introducedfor ex., say for all sales when the returns process is initiatedthe business decides that return sales order can have new pricing--this can't be acheived through the RE doc type. Hence, this might have been introdcued. --here am assuming that the setting at V/08 takes priority.

It would be good, if rest also think & contribute about the usability of this option? and also the prioritisation?

Rgds,

Rags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh and Rags !

Actually this is a good question. I also have no answer for this. But I think its used to apply pricing type to the entire document across the item category and document type. This may or may not correct.

One more thing is , this functionality is not introduced in ECC 6.0. I have seen it in 4.6 C also. This is the miracle of SAP. Eventhough we are using the same screen for a long time we don't use or even come across such funtionalities available. I hope some one will give exact use of the field.

Regards

Sivasubramaniam.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rags

In V/08, I dont see any field as Pricing Type. Could you please elaborate clearly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

I'm on ECC 6.0. In V/08, I see the fields are the pricing procedure, desc.,TSSP(checkbox) and pricing type(drop-down).

This drop down has all the pricing type options. So, I was confused for ex. what if I set a pricing type 'E' here and in copy control VTFL I set a 'C'-- what will happen while creating a invoice document? Will it consider E or C? Which one of these options will take precedence?

This is a new feature introduced with ECC 6.0, not found in 4.6c or in lower versions.

Rgds,

Rags.

Edited by: Rags on Aug 4, 2008 12:14 PM