cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Model Import for Java Beans (POJO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Will there be a model import functionality for normal Java Beans?

This would be quite usefull for already existing Java Applications, which use Java Beans + some OR Mapper for the business and persistence Layer, and want to rebuild their UI with Web Dynpro.

Bye

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lothar_bender
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

we are already working on such a solution as the XMI Import is quite tedious in case you already have a JavaBean based implementation. But it is not yet decided at which point of time it will be shipped.

Regards,

Lothar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lothar,

very interesting! Is it possible to estimate when this might be available (weeks, months, late 2004, early/mid 2005)?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

If you have the model of the Java Beans in Togethersoft or Rational Rose you can export it as XMI file and this XMI file can be imported into Web Dynpro by using XMI Model.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

Thanks for the info. But as far as I know the licence for such Modelling tools are quite expensive, and not every customer owns them.

A simple "Bean Importer" would be great, especially for smaller Projects (like Portal iViews ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

You are right. But the second option what I know is that you import beans as jar in Web Dynpro project and manually map it to web dynpro context. Requires little coding

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

we use the Togethersoft plugin for the Sap Netweaver.development tool.

We tried to import an XMI file. Unfortunatelly we have a few problems.

Is there any detailled documentation/examples about how to import a xmi models in web dynpro.

At the moment the tool imports the classes but I cant see the methods.

When I have a "getArray" method,

I get a property "array", but no method "getArray".

Is this correct?

What about the relations between the classes. Is it possible to import relations between classes

and is it possible to use this relations with the context of web dynpro?

Currently in our Web dynpro model we have 2 via XMI imported "Model Classes". One is representing a business delegate class

the other one is representing a DTO, which is returned by the business delegate class.

How is it possible to bind the context to the model class. So the value nodes in the context are filled automatically

Otherwise we have to call setters and getters for each node.

Best Regards,

Trian