cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP - Selection ID Locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPians,

When the user selects the selection profile to load the data in Interactive planning, he gets locked. This is only occuring for that user & for that specific selection profile.

Why only this only occurs only for that user while using that particular selection profile? Is there is settings for Selection profile to be amended?

Please help

Thank you

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rahool,

Check the authorisation for this selection profile,i think some one had locked this selection profile

Regards,

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad, Thanks for the reply.

As you said to check the authorisation for the selection profile, where could I check it.

Are there any setting to be changed to unlock it.

Thank you

Rahul Chitte

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the DP planning book, there is a menu option to check the Lock overview to see who is locking your selection. However looking at SM12 may not sometimes give you the complete picture. Reason is that DP background jobs do the locking based on aggregation level and not on selection IDs. So do this double check on any background job that is running at an aggregation level that would be similar to the selection ID user is accessing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rahool,

Not required to do any settings for this query, ask the person(who is locked ) to come out from thart screen then we can use the screen.

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please check that the Selection profile is assigned to this User in T.Code : /SAPAPO/MC77 - Maintain Selection Assignments

Also check whether this User is assigned to the Planning Book & Data View in T. Code : /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK - Assign User to Planning Book

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puskar, Thank you for the reply.

I have checked T.Code : /SAPAPO/MC77 - Maintain Selection Assignments, & . Code : /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK - Assign User to Planning Book which do displays the all needed criteria.

But this problem occurs only with this unique user. Is that the the DP batch jobs do cause this locking issue.

Please write back, with your views

Thank you.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you for the reply, can you please clear my few doubts as I 'm new to APO.

As you said, the background jobs may cause the locking issue, at that time APO DATA MART job was on & user was using the selection profile MAPXFG-PSA-BPROB, the message displayed was SELECTION LOCKED BY PROCESS APO

What would be the reason for the locking status. Please write back.

Thank you in advance.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in SM12 or SM04,if the selection is locked then delete the selction.

Regards,

Prabhu