cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term inspection in Results recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I have a quality related issue..when i do UD for a particular inspection lot, the status becomes ICCO which does not allow me to record any further results once the UD s taken. I have found out that to overcome this difficulty, we need to activate long term insection in the MIC which i have done. My problem is that even when LTIN is active the lot becomes ICCO if the inspection is forced.

1-when the inspection completion is forced, the system takes ICCO status by default and that means that LTinspectuion is not applicable. I want to ask how do we complete the characteristics for the result recording without forcing the inspection?.

The 2nd option is theat we reset inspection in the edit tab in the UD but here the MIC's get reset and in am unable to view any of the MIC's in the plan even though LTin is activated.

Kindly help me out as i have struggled a lot with this issue.

Thanks,

Anand Deshmukh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

more details required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

I have not actually got any solution yet. I just marked it as answered because i also posted the same question in the PP forum..anyway..i have assigned the LT inspection MIC but when im recording results, when i force the inspection completion, the status of the lot goes into UD ICCO after UD has been given. Once this happens then i cannot activate LINT even tho it is there in the MIC. When i save the results and give the UD without forcing inspection, the LINT gets activated and i can record the results again.

My dilema is that in one of my clients i cant save the results without forcing the inspection. If u can tell me how to do this i.e give UD without forcing inspection then my problem will be solved.,

Eagerly waiting for your reply..

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

It is not recommended but you can try this way,

Don't keep any MIC as "Required" Characteristic. i.e. select the "Optional Char." radio button in place of "Required Char." in the control indicator.

But along with it keep the MICs as long term also.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot shyamal. I think my problem is already resolved.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The way I have always dealt with this is this way.

You record the short-term results and make the UD.

The lot goes to ICCO.

When you are ready to record long-term inspections, you use QA12 to reset the inspection completion.

The status ICCO goes away away and the status LTIN appears.

You go the record your results for the LT inspection.

You then go the UD, QA12 and reselect the UD code or a different one if need be. Save the UD. Status ICCO is reset.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI craig,

I had also tried the solution you had mentioned.

It has 2 problems, when i used QA12 to reset the inspection and then go to QA 32 and record the results again, it activates the LT inspection but it does not allow any further result recording. i.e the fields for results are greyed out.

The 2nd way i tried is in the QA32 screen itself i went to UD and then reset the inspection but what happens is that then when i go to record the results, the MIC's are no longer visible in the results recording screen.

How do i proceed?

Thanks for the interest,

Anand

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you set the control indicator as 'required' for your long-term characteristics? If not, please try this.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

testing failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>testing failed.

Not able to understand

regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamlal,

What happened is that it still says 'all characteristics are not closed, do u want to force inspection?..and when i do..it does not allow LINT.

Thanks,

Anand.

0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

as already mentioned you need to set the status of the longterm characteristic to 2 or 3 in the results recoording or else these are not processed after the UD and the status LTIN is not set.

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Correctly said Isabelle,

But sir as per Anand's requirement I think he is in need to set this status as 2 - Processed or at 3 - valuated. as initial status, otherwise it will be same as recording result. If we go one by one MIC to set the status to 2.

I am working to search for it, can you focus some valuable inputs as usual you do?

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Aug 4, 2008 6:19 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Shyamal,

if you want to chang the status from 1 to 2 you need to enter the results recording i.e. QE01, QE51N etc, and open the characteristic, then move to the next and save.

This should put the characteristic in status 2.

Please do this prior to accessing the UD.

Regards,

Isabelle

0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

could you please check if the status of the longterm characteristics are put into process '2' if this not the case check and retest.

Usually you have to put the longterm characteristics into a staus higher than 1

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi isabelle,

Where would i check/set this status?

Thanks in anticipation,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

All of first if you want preform UD prior RR, in this case normally the LT MICs are used (Though if your MICs will be marked as "Required' MICs in the control indicator, it will concede it the force UD)

And If the Long term indicator is active then it will defiantly allow you to perform RR after UD. And the status also must remains LTIN until the Long term inspection.

Surprised!!!!!!!!!

How did you got the solution from this struggle????

Pls share it with us!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Aug 4, 2008 3:12 PM