cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project stucture related querry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My querry is whether hierarcy level of a WBS element can be changed ,say from 3 to 2... if the budget is already assigned to that WBS.?

because in my project..whn i tried the same..it gives the error " budget already assigned to the WBS so no change to the structure can be made".

Please let me know the solution , if its possible to modify

Thanks in advance

regards

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP does not support the same, once budget is assigned. if possible change the description to suit ur requireemnt.

regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks very much for your response.

The requirement here in my case is that, the wbs elements have been created under one level say level 1.

but they had to be at lower level i.e 2.

Now the budget is already assgined to these wbs and also commitments.

Problem :Budget alloted to this cannot be summed up to the top wbs ..ie one level up. ( wbs structure now maitained ...shown below)

01.001-01--level 1

01.001-01.001---also level 1...this should have been maitnaind at level 2.

aftet budgetting the report shows as

01.001-01 -

0 INR....this should be 1000 Rs

01.001-01.001----1000 Rs.

any suggestions for this , please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandeep

Problem :Budget alloted to this cannot be summed up to the top wbs ..ie one level up. ( wbs structure now maitained ...shown below)

01.001-01--level 1

01.001-01.001---also level 1...this should have been maitnaind at level 2.

In CJ20n try derive structure by selecting the top level WBS Element and let me know the message what ur getting, i hope this should solve ur problem. if i understnd ur problem correctly.

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

i have already tried changing the level of the WBS element.But it gave me a error " Heirarcy of WBS element 01.001-01.001 cannot be changed , since budget aslready assigned to it "

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

so i ur case there seesm to be only one solution remove the commitement and remove the budget and change the level and reassgin the budget and commitements. i understand this solution may not be easy as explained

regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

As you suggested , i tried to delete budget using cj30...which dint work..same error

then i tried to return budget using CJ38...even then the same error.

Any suggestions/ inputs on this.

Thanks and regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Try out resetting the Budgeting status thru the t.code OPSX and try to remove the commitments as suggested above.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

have to removed all commitments and assigned values to the WBS Element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The error is " you cannot change structure since budget is assigned to it "

So i tried to remove budget using cj30 also tried returing through cj38. but nothing unfortunately wrked.

As you suggested ..i also tried to run opsx for that particular wbs...but again no results

Any other suggestions

Thanks and regards

Sandeep