cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am sending idoc of DELVRY03 , but on receiving side its giving error about some fields in segment E1EDL24 that are not present on receiving system. Receiving system is of release 640 and our system is 700.

the fields that are not present in there system are

EXPIRY_DATE_EXT

VGBEL

VGPOS

ORMNG

EXPIRY_DATE_EXT_B.

we can see this fields in tcode we31 and under segment type E1EDL24.

So please let me know what to do in this scenario.

Regards,

Brijesh.......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>we can see this fields in tcode we31 and under segment type E1EDL24.

If the fields are there in WE31 of the receiver system then the error would be because of the no value passesd to the required filed.

Check if you are passing any values to the fields EXPIRY_DATE_EXT,VGBEL,VGPOS,ORMNG,EXPIRY_DATE_EXT_B from the receiver system.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh , that fields are not visible on receivers system, that fields we can c on sending system only.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is the mapping done for this scenario in XI...?

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had just created XML files on local machine through ale settings and sending that XML files through mail to the receiving system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use that XML payload and check your message mapping in IR.

Now you can easily determine target structure.

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boopathi,

so there is no need to create customize idoc. Can it be done through XI only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better check your target XML payload having these segments and values.

Thanks,

Boopathi

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>so there is no need to create customize idoc.

If you want the fields to be there in the target structure and it is not present in the target structure, then you have to customize the idoc to create these fileds.

>>Can it be done through XI only?

Custimization of IDoc can only be done only in the target receiver system. You can use XI to integerate both these system for sending data between the standard idoc and the customized idoc.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I dont want to pass that fields to receiving system,so i guess i dont need to customise idoc,is it correct?

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I dont want to pass that fields to receiving system,so i guess i dont need to customise idoc,is it correct?

Yes. If the fields are not required the there is no need to customise it.

Avoid these field in the XI mapping.

Are you using XI in this IDoc to IDoc scenario...?

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i am going for idoc to idoc scenario. that is for P.O. to S.O. .Am new in Xi so not knowin much functionality of XI. So learnin n doin it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

we have not yet decided about the version of PI that we are going to use. I want your advice,which one is better to go with, 7.0 or 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Now probably you got the idea as you need not have to map the sender side fields which are not available in recever system..

Please make sure to pass other required fields in IDOC to IDOC scenario.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brijesh soni,

Its preferrable to go for PI 7.1 now as its available in market with SP 06. and have lots of features compare to PI 7.0.

Refer -- PI 7.0 Vs PI 7.1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/forums

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Aug 4, 2008 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

have you worked on P.O. to S.O. scenarion in XI. I am going to work on that and so need some help for that.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 has many new features and its unrestricted shipment is also available since july 25th. It has many new capablities and strength along with the earlier functionalities of PI 7.0. There could be only one hurdle and that would be the restricted no of PI 7.1 resources available in market for implementations. U may opt for PI 7.1 implementation utilizing the PI 7.0 features and then slowly upgrade the developments.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure...let us know ..I will try my best to help

You can refer the below IDOC to IDOC related docs.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

thanks

Swarup

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better to go with PI 7.1 to enjoy all the new functionality of SOA...

By Daniel Bianchin

Thanks

SaNv...