cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display value of one field on another field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Datamanager can we display value of one field on another field.

ex: in vendor i want to display Value of Name field in Name2 , Name 3 also.

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Yes it is possible if name 2 and name 3 are Text Fields. Then you can make these two fields as Calculated and add the Calculated expression as Name thats it. Whenever you modify Name field, name 2 and name 3 will automatically gets updated.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I mean we still maintain different values for Name1, Name2 but while displaying i need to display Name1 in Name2 .

is it possible?

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Try writing Assignment.

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

I am not clear with your requirement By displaying means?? you are talking about displaying fields on portal?

If you can specify your requirement in slightly detailed manner then we atleast think of some workaround if its not possible in direct way.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write Assignment for Name2. For displaying Name1 in Name2 as well as separately maintain value for Name2.

IF(IS_NOT_NULL(Name1), Name1&" "&Name2 )

you can set this assignment automatically as soon as Field Name1 gets Populated, value for Field1 comes into Field2

when value Name1 is blank.

Name2 = kumar

when value for Field Name1 is filled with say Amit , value for Field Name2 Changes as Amit kumar.

if you are talking about Displaying on Portal Name1 to Name2 at runtime i think its not Possible.

Hope it will Help you if this is what you want,

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

In Repository of vendor master we can see fields Name1, Name2, Name3.

if Country of Name1 = US then Display First Name in Name1, Name2 in data manager. though value in Name 2 can be last name.

if country of Name1=CHN then display Last Name in Name 1, Name2 though value of Name1 is first name.

for storing we store correct values, only while displaying in data manager, we need to display based on the conditions.

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

I mean we still maintain different values for Name1, Name2 but while displaying i need to display Name1 in Name2 .

is it possible

I f I have understood your problem correctly, then you have maintained 3 fields.. Name, Name2 and Name3.

Now these fields have different values stored in them.. But you want that only while displaying, Name 2 should have the value of Name. However, they should have their original values intact as well.

As far as I know, the fields in MDM can only have 1 value at one point. And the latest value will be present in the field.

Hence, your requirement seems difficult to be achieved.

However, you can always write assigments and form some relationship buetween Name and Name2 so that the value of Name gets displayed in Name2, based on some relation. However, the final value of the Name2 will change. As values will be displayed only when the they are actually changed.

For your requirement:

You can create 1 field and leave Name... fields as it is.

Based on the country, you can write an assignment

Concatenate the fields Name1, Name2 (or Name2, Name1 )as form the result in the new field you create.The order will decide the result of concatenation.

hence, based on the country, that field will have the value of Name1 and Name2.

Hope it helps.

*Kindly reward points if helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Aug 4, 2008 10:09 AM