Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise PR in PROMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Iam using PROMAN in PS module for Procrument,

When I enter in to the T-code CNMM (PROMAN)

I can see the PR generated automatically for the three materials under the Activity Network.

The materials are created in CJ20N (Project Builder).

I would like to know how these PR's are generated and how to raise the PR in PROMAN.

Thanks in advance,

Vasanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

I do not think that PR will get generated automatically.

Coming to the point of PR generation in proman, select a particular component in the right side of the screen. Then click the "execute" icon which the Blak and white flag at the right end of the screen. This will generate the PR.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for the reply,

what you have said is correct and I have done that and finished one cycle from PR..PO..MIGO to MIRO...earlier

How to generate a new PR for the same material and how the PR is generated...

Thanks

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

To my knowledge, Proman can collect information from Project system or production and process them. PR creation in Proman, as far as I know, is not possible from Proman.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

K how the PR is generated in PS or in Production,

I want to procure the material which I linked in the Activity, what is the procedure to raise a PR for the same...

Iam unable to trace out, how these PR's are generated in PS or in PROMAN

Thanks

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

In Project builder (CJ20N), when the materials are attached to the activities, depending upon the status of the activity, a PR gets generated automatically. This PR is then converted to PO and further process goes on.

PRs can be generated also through ME51N.

In PROMAN, a particular project can be opened and the further processes of Goods movement are managed.

Hope I have understood your problem and put thigns clearly.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Basically PROMAN is a one-screen solution to handle all procurement related details, materials as well as services. One look at the PROMAN screen will give you clear picture about its usage. You have access to various documents generated for procurement, get stock details, access documents relevant to the materials, etc.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

As you said....

In Project builder (CJ20N), when the materials are attached to the activities, depending upon the status of the activity, a PR gets generated automatically. This PR is then converted to PO and further process goes on.

K....this happens when the Activity is released and process goes on....

my question is how the PR is generated automatically for the first time and once the PR to MIRO is completed...how to generate next PR for the same Materias linked to the Activity..

Thanks

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the quantity in the material that you have attached in Project builder. This will renew the PR's quantity to the new value. Then follow the usual process.

eg:

Initial PR qty: 25 nos

PO qty: 25 nos

GR qty: 25 nos

GI qty: 25 nos

Assume that 25 more nos are required. Then change the qty in the material component to 50 nos. The PR changes as follows:

New PR qty: 50 nos

New PO qty: 25 nos (as already 25 nos are delivered)

New GR qty: 25 nos

New GI qty: 25 nos

Try out this. This will work.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vasanth ,

If you still need that material more , add that material to your activity again or change the quantity .

Hope thats simple enough

Kish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

I have tryed out as you guided, it throws warning msg as the activity is released and PO is raised for the concern PR...but some how changed the Qty in component overview and raised the PO,MIGO n MIRO.....but is it the right procedure...i dont think so, coz we are using the same PR and changing the Qty...Is it the correct way...

So is it not possible to create PR for the 2nd time and further in PS/PROMAN

Thanks'

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kish,

Hi Pratap,

I have changed the Qty, it throws warning msg as the activity is released and PO is raised for the concern PR...but some how changed the Qty in component overview and raised the PO,MIGO n MIRO.....but is it the right procedure...i dont think so, coz we are using the same PR and changing the Qty...Is it the correct way...

So is it not possible to create PR for the 2nd time and further in PS/PROMAN

Thanks'

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasanth,

Nothing wrong with this procedure. But anyway you have the other option of attaching a material once again. The only issue with the former suggestin is that, we are playing with the already released/approved PR. so anymore changes will not require any firther PR approvals. Considernig this point, you can attach the material once again and continue.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Awarded...

Expecting further solutions and like to know how the PR's generated and to create the PR for the next time, apart from the automatic creation ...

Thanks

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

As per my understand you want to create Multiple PR & then link those PR to your project.

Senario 1)

I will create a general PR with Account assignment category as P or N & link with nework & activity.

Now i need more materail for the same project & want to link to the same network & activity.

what i will do is go to ME52N change PR add Line item & link to the same.

Senario 2)

Before creating a Project i need to creat a PR & later on i want to assign that PR to Project.

Now for this senario create a general PR with Account assignment category as U & save the PR, after creating Project go to change & link in the same way.

The rest process remains the same PO, GR & IR.

Let me know if this suffies.

Regards'

Syed -

Edited by: Syed on Aug 6, 2008 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the automatic PR that raised from network, please check your settings within OPUU (Network Profile) under Network tab and there's a field called 'Res./Purc. r'

If the settings was 3 then the PR will automatically created when you release the network.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

JSG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur helpul answer...

When the Activity is released,

the PR gets generated automatically, I converted that PR to PO, MIGO and MIRO....

But how to created PR for the same material further....for that what I have to follow....

Pls advice...

Thanks

Vasanth...