cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI EXPERTS,

Q no:1) I have a scenario in which i have to make an RFC call(with an input parameter) to know the number of IDOCs

send from a SAP system.How can i do this?I am learning XI.Can you give me step by step detail.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- File to RFC

This might be useful

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didnt had to do any rfc call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please browse through the following Link.

[ HTTP to RFC]

This is a synchronous scneario.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.But i have another problem.In my scenario n number of IDOCs are coming and i have to retrieve the company id from the IDOC and this will be provided as input to the RFC call.This RFC call then should retrieve me number of IDOCs sent from SAP system with this unique company ID.can you tell me how to do this or what should i do for that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you treating that companies in the partenr profile? As separete logical system? Than you can select all idocs based on the partner from EDIDC table.

My general advice is to use a partner from edidc and the type to find a relation between company and idoc. But it's up to your specific scenario.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, as i mentioned above I am not that expert in XI,so I dont know much about partner connectivity and all.I will explain my scenario.Please mention as steps what i should do

The users at the SAP system initiate a process.This would result in a set of IDOCs being sent with the IDOCid specifying the company code. These IDOCs are received by common ALE schema and sent to Business schema.The IDOCs are then unmarshelled one by one into IDOC ETD and their IDOC id(company ID) is to be obtained.An RFC call is to be then sent to the corresponding SAP system.The RFC call is made with the company ID being passed as the parameter.this call returns the number of IDOCs sent with this IDOC id.HOW can i Do this.Can you give me a well defined step by step answer or tleast the steps to do?

Answers will be surely rewarded with points.