cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technical difference b/w upgrade and implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to know the technical difference between upgrade and implementation. i have worked on ECC6.0 implementations and would like to know the various activities that would be carried out in an SAP upgrade from

R/3 4.7 TO ECC 6.0

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maxx,

Upgrade

The switch from an older software version to a new version. Typically, both the server component of a system landscape and other components are upgraded. Several different technical upgrade procedures are used to upgrade the server component, such as the Repository Switch upgrade or the System Switch upgrade.

Implementation

The specific act of installing and configuring a software system, such as SAP R/3 Enterprise, at a customer site. Implementation involves many different steps and usually necessitates the use of a methodology such as AcceleratedSAP or SAP Solution Manager.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One additional remark:

With an upgrade, all the customizing done in the old system is kept in the new system. Only new functionality has to be regarded and customzed.

BR,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically an upgrade is taking a current SAP system and installing the latest version wheras an implementation is starting from the beginning with no SAP system and configuring and building it to replace their legacy system and 'Going Live' with the SAP system.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy