cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid export DLL or export format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a code to export the report to excel and it works.. but when i use the export property of the crystal report viewer, all file format works except for the excel format and I am receiving this kind of message whenever I tried using export property of the crystal report viewer..

"Error in File rpt017 {4742A80B-0356-499C-9B57-BE59A69BD788}.rpt: Invalid export DLL or export format."

any idea? someone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this problem by adding this to the front of the path variable: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86;

On my development machine I only had to restart Visual Studio, but on the server the whole system needed to restart.

A before-and-after modules comparison showed the following DLLs were added to WEBDEV.WEBSERVER.EXE after adding the path: CRHEAPALLOC.DLL, CRXF_XLS.DLL, CRXF_XLS_RES_EN.DLL, EXPORTMODELLER.DLL, LIBPNG10.DLL, U2DDISK.DLL, X3DDKEN.DLL

Although this fixes the problem it seems like an ugly hack and I hope there's a better way to do it. (Adding a reference to ExportModeller did not work for me.)

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

I solved this problem by adding this to the front of the path variable: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86;

This is telling me that possibly one of our dependencies for our export dlls are being picked up somewhere else on the path. Having to reboot in this case is normal. What can happen is if one application does a load library call on XYZ.DLL, it will be loaded from applications current directory, then windir/system dir, then the path. However windows will have this cached now so next time LoadLibrary is called on XYZ.dll it pulls it directly from the cache (unless of course a path is placed in the load library calls). Now as I don't have access to Windows source code I cannot say for certain that this is the case but I can infer this from how I have seen Windows behave in past cases.

So if an incorrect versions of one of our dlls, our dependencies or the dependencies dependencies are being loaded from somewhere else, putting our path in the system path will fix that issue, however any other application that relies on a different version of the shared dependency may start running into problems.

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

That solved the problem!!! Adding that path to the PATH variable!

Very THANK YOU!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good idea man 😛

I solved same problem,

labour in vain

My dev: OS vista Ultimate, VS 2008 (w AjAX, Silverlight), Oracle EBS 12 (SQl 2008)

My server: 2003 Std SP2

Thank you everybody. Special Jonathan Heller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand the solution wrote by Jonathan Heller. Please can someone can give me more details how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I have the same problem and it looks like "solution"

Thanks Jono. You made a great contribution to this thread.

You folks from SAP...is this the official solution? Should I advise my customers to put the path into their env.?

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how my issue differs from this thread? I start with the same error and try to implement the suggestions posted. I'm having difficulty with implementing the proposed solution on this thread and thus my post to the thread.

In the interest of getting a clear definition of the problem, I will start a new thread but the problem I'm trying to solve is exactly what is discussed in this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been watching this thread because it discusses the same problem we're having. I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly is needed with the references also. I have tried to create an interop assembly both by adding the reference directly to my project and also by using TLBIMP to create one with the desired name. Neither seems to work for me.

Since ExportModeller.DLL is a COM component, we need an interop assembly that can be called from .NET (ideally a PIA) but I don't see any discussion about how to make this actually work out.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken, your issue appears to be quite different from what is being discussed on this thread. The error may be the same, the issue I think is not. Also, this post is geting a bit too long so if only for that reason, it may be better to start a new thread... On the new post please add as much info as possible, including OS, version of CR, etc., etc.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more clue to add: I was reading the FileMon log, highlighting the dll entries.

I noted that although there are many NOT FOUND entries for dll libraries, there is always a SUCCESS entry as CR is jumping over the folders until it finds the dll.

But it didn't happened with one of the dlls (the unique situation I found), so it can be one more clue. Here goes the line in the log:

11:39:45 w3wp.exe:1700 QUERY INFORMATION C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\secSSO.dll NOT FOUND Attributes: Error

I made a search over the entire hard disk for the file secSSO.dll and also sec.dll, just to be sure, and I found nothing (the sec.dll search returned files in C:\Windoes\system32\ that I think are not related to CR).

Did this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry if I'm not adding anything new to this thread, but I'd really like to have an answer on this topic. Please, check my last comment.

Resuming, is there any difference in CR execution when it runs in a web application in the situations:

1. Web App running via ASP.NET Development Server (e.g. pressing F5 in VS2005).

2. Web App running via IIS (e.g. accessing a virtual directory).

It seems to be, as in the first case I'm able to export to XLS, but in the second I'm not.

Note that I have this issue for months (it was been supported in the past Business Object's case-management support with no success and now moved to this thread) and I'm facing some customer unsatisfaction in CR due to this problem.

We are now presented with the possibility of giving up CR and develop a XSLT solution, producing a xml file in the Excel schema (that's what we used to do before we moved to CR). I'd like to maintain the CR solution, but I'll need your help on that.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, as has been mentioned several times in this post, this appears to be a permission issue of some sort. To move this forward, we need someone to run either filemon, or regmon or processmon. All three of the utilities can be downloaded from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47c5a693683.aspx

Once you have the log from one of the utilities above, look for "access denied", "file not found" or any other error messages.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

And we had ran Filemon, Process Monitor many times and we stored and analyzed the logs.

The problem is that in a single access to an web app containing CR, there are thousands of entries generated. And there are many with errors: NAME NOT FOUND, BUFFER OVERFLOW (Process Monitor) or NOT FOUND, NO SUCH FILE, NO MORE FILES (File Monitor) and so on.

We found only one situation of ACCESS DENIED, to a registry entry. We gave Everyone permission to that registry entry. In subsequent registry monitor logging, the error disappeared from the log, but the CR excel continued not exporting.

I have the logs here zipped, already with some obvious stuff cut out. There are rougly about 100 to 200 lines with errors in each file. If you want me to send them to you, please provide me with an e-mail.

Note that I attached other log files in the Case Management (when they were working) and Business Object's technical people were unable to find anything useful.

If there is a permissions issue, what about to just list the permission configurations we should set in order to CR to work?

Edited by: Paulo Nicau on Sep 3, 2008 5:05 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What user is the process running under? If itu2019s the Cassini web server, it runs under the currently logged on useru2019s permissions. IIS is the Network Service. Can you try to elevate IIS to the Local System acct in the application pool to see if there is a difference?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Yes, you're right, in Cassini web server (or ASP.NET Development Server), it runs under the currently logged on useru2019s permissions, and in IIS as the Network Service.

I tried your suggestion:

- I elevated IIS to the Local System (a popup appeared warning on the security issues of that action and I said "ok").

- I did an IIS Restart just to be sure the setting is enforced.

Then I accessed the URL with the Web App containing the CR excel. Same error occured.

I also tried to add the IIS user to the Administrators group. Same problem.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK going by what Angelo, who originated this thread, did as part of his troubleshooting:

1) Can you create a simple win app that just loads a saved data report and see if this runs on the server?

2) If it does, create a new simple web app. Same as above, load and run a saved data report.

3) Create a web app, that exports a saved data report to xls using the below code:

crDiskFileDestinationOptions.DiskFileName = ExportPath + "Excel.xls";

'set the required report ExportOptions properties

With crReportDocument.ExportOptions

.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile

.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel

.DestinationOptions = crDiskFileDestinationOptions

End With

What happens with each of the above?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ludek!

Thank you for your continuous support.

Before answering you let me add something I just found apart: the error occurs if I set ExportFormatType to: Excel, ExcelReport, RichText and WordForWindows. And the export is done with success if I set it to: Text, TabSeperatedText, PortableDocFormat. I ignored the other options.

There is some correlation... Excel, RichText and WordForWindows are Microsoft-specific formats, aren't?

And PDF and Text are non-MS as far as I know. Maybe the non-working formats are acessing a MS-specific part of the system not accessible to CR or IIS, or whatever.

Just to see if that information gives you some important clue.

Now I'll have a look in your suggestions.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things do come to mind:

1) Check the CR win32_x86 directory (c:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 ) for crxf_xls.dll, crxf_rtf.dll and crxf_doc.dll

2) Check to make sure that the CR assemblies being referenced in your .NET project are 12.0.2000.0

3) Can you clip and paste in here the code used as it relates to CR?

Ludek

0 Kudos

Clarifying...

Hi all. There is a lot of info in this thread and from what I see you are using CR 2008 with IIS 5 and possibly Windows 2000 as the WEB/App server.

CR 2008 is not supported on Windows 2000 nor does it support IIS 5 which I assume you are using Windows 2000 because you mentioned IIS 5. There will be backward compatability issues using older technologies.

Here's a link to the platforms for CR 2008.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d068e8de-a43e-2b10-2595-b2445eb7...

I also suggest you google IIS 5 issues with .NET and ASP, lots of info and issue others have run into.

Please confirm what OS and IIS versions you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek!

Here come the answers. I'm sorry for my delay, I have a couple of concurrent issues to solve here in the customer.

1) Check the CR win32_x86 directory (c:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 ) for crxf_xls.dll, crxf_rtf.dll and crxf_doc.dll

A: yes, I navigated to that folder and only crxf.xls.dll and crxf_rtf.dll are there. Instead of crxf_doc.dll, there is a crxf_wordw.dll... isn't it the same?

2) Check to make sure that the CR assemblies being referenced in your .NET project are 12.0.2000.0

A:

Here are the referenced files and versions in the project. As you can see, not all are 12.0.2000.0, but those that aren't, they are still 12.0.*. Is that bad?

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

Version: 12.0.2000.0

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

Version: 12.0.1100.0

3) Can you clip and paste in here the code used as it relates to CR?

A:

Response.ClearContent()

Response.ClearHeaders()

Response.ContentType = "application/excel"

Me.MyReport.ExportToHttpResponse(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.Excel, Response, AsAttachment, Me.ExportFileName)

Response.Flush()

Response.Close()

From 1) and 2) answers it seemed that something was not as you expected. I'll wait to hear your

considerations about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uh-oh. It seems I spoiled the answer 2) with a bad copy-paste.

Let me correct the answer:

A:

Here are the referenced files and versions in the project. As you can see, not all are 12.0.2000.0, but those that aren't, they are still 12.0.*. Is that bad?

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.Data.AdoDotNetInterop.dll

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework.dll

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore.dll

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.Web.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hav'nt solved this yet..

but to add up information, as i've downloaded the modules application from sap, and run it on the different machine, this is what I've find out..

On the Application that I've created where exporting runs smoothly..

1) all CR related dll's are running on WEBDEV.WEBSERVER.EXE and DEVENV.EXE

2)INTEROP.CRYSTALREPORTVIEWEREXPORT.DLL is running.

On the Old Application that I've created where some export formats don't run

1) all CR related dll's are running on ASPNET_WP.EXE and DEVENV.EXE

2) INTEROP.CRYSTALREPORTVIEWEREXPORT.DLL is not running.

hope this would be a challenge to all of you using Crystal Reports..:D please Help..:D thanks a ton..:D

Former Member
0 Kudos

please disregard my last post.. problem solved..

pease add this to your reference.. exportmodeller.dll

and add this on your web.config file

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Design, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CubeDefModel, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.XmlSerialize, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.PluginManager, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

thanks for everyone who participated..:D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angelo,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad you were able to solve the problem, but unfortunately I continue with mine.

The solution you presented did not solve my problem:

1. I searched for the "exportmodeller.dll" file and found it in

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86

(hope it's the correct location).

2. I added a reference to my CR project it in VS2005 usgin the Add Reference dialog. It created a "EXPORTMODELLERLib" entry in the Solution Explorer -> References. I also noticed that a "Interop.EXPORTMODELLERLib.dll" file appeared in the bin folder.

3. I compiled the solution.

4. I copy-pasted the web.config keys and values you listed, in my web.config (configuration -> system.web -> compilation -> assemblies).

Then I tested and I had the same error than before. I also repeated the tests after an IIS reboot and it was the same. Now I wonder if I should remove the extra stuff I added, or simply let it there.

Fact is, I don't need that stuff in the web.config nor that reference to be able to export to PDF (and exporting to XLS gives the same error).

(I would like to suggest you to be a little more specific when reporting, describing the paths of the files and web.config places where things are supposed to be placed or found, as this will help those who are unfamiliar with the objects).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ludek!

I wonder if last comments from Angelo and my reply to him added too many posts to the end of the thread that my answers were obfuscated and lost in trail.

I would like to hear from you about the answers I provided on last the questions you made me. Answers were made in the post I wrote in Sep 9, 2008 12:19 PM (see also the following post correcting some details).

Thank you for your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try downloading this file.. https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

this application will show you all the dll files running on your application.. If you did'nt find exportmodeller.dll on the application, you have to find a way how to add that.. on my case I just did what you have done, adding reference exportmodeller.dll and added the assemblies on the web.config and it works.. in your case, may be there's a problem on referencing the dll on your application..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Angelo!

I downloaded the Modules program in the link ou provided.

I opened the zip file and I read the PDF "How to use Modules (...)".

I followed the steps to use Modules on the computer where the error occurs.

- Opened the program.

- Reproduced the error.

Then I stoped here and searched by the "exportmodeller.dll". In the w3wp.exe process, I found the Interop.ExportModellerLib.dll file associated.

So it is not happening what you gave as hipotesis (the exportmodeler.dll file not being found associated to the process running CR, that in my case is the w3wp.exe, as it is a CR embeeded in a web application).

How can I find or recognize any problem in referencing a dll in an aplication? As far as I see, everything seems ok: the reference is on the project, the file is copied to the bin path and the Modules correctly identify it as present. Note that the inclusion of the DLL doesn't affect the appearing of the error.

I can't use Modules further, as I don't have a "working case". It doesn't work in ALL machines I've tested (until now, 5 different machines with different operative systems). The only situation where it works is when I run the web application via VS2005 Cassini server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

now that's the problem.. the system must read it as exportmodeller.dll not as Interop.exportmodeller.dll... I'll post the solution once I find out why the system read it as an interop..

my hypothesis is not wrong.. THE SYSTEM NEEDS EXPORTMODELLER.DLL not INTEROP.EXPORTMODELLERLIB.dll..

I did the same thing as what you did and also got an interop.exportmodellerlib.dll on my application bin.. but when i run the module, the system reads it as exportmodeller.dll not as an interop.exportmodellerlib.. I don't know why your application read it as an interop and that's what you need to find out..

modules helps you to locate the missing dll not to help you fix instantly the missing dll..

I can prove to you that every cr2008 reports needs an exportmodeller.dll if you want..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aah!

I misunderstood you. I thought that you was abbreviating the name, skipping the "Interop." part of the name.

So, there are 2 different things,

1. EXPORTMODELLER.DLL

2. INTEROP.EXPORTMODELLERLIB.dll.

The first one is not appearing in the Modules output. The second is.

I will try to find why my reference is appearing as Interop.*, but I think I will fail on that. I'm not that experienced in these fields. I will give a try, maybe trying to reference another file with the same name after a more deep search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have been trying to add and remove the reference in the project.

When I add the reference, it appears "EXPORTMODELLERLib" in the References folder.

When I click on it to see the Properties window of the object, I have these details:

Name: Interop.EXPORTMODELEERLib.

Copy Local: True

Culture: 0

Description: ExportModeller Library 12.0

File Type: ActiveX

Identity: {A7EB61FA-5AF4-432B-B455-1BED703153BE}\c.0\0\tlbimp

Isolated: False

Resolved: True

Strong Name: False

Version: 12.0.0.0

I'm only able to alter the properties "Copy Local" and "Isolated".

Suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem.

I have a web app that exports the same .rpt to two formats: PDF and Excel.

When I'm in VS2005 (with CR2008) I'm able to run it with F5 (launching the ASP.NET Development Server) and see both exports working in a url like, say, http://localhost/xpto.aspx

Then I created a virtual directory in IIS, pointing it to the folder where the web application is placed. I opened Internet Explorer and pointed it to the url of the virtual directory (say, http://localhost/CRTest/xpto.aspx). Now, only PDF worked; the Excel export produced the error mentioned in this thread:

Error in File temp_3200f78a-862e-447c-9ac2-25ac0f481248 {F1B60CAC-FDD0-4668-BF7D-8C71AE8F6FBC}.rpt: Invalid export DLL or export format.

Note that the name of the file is random. Also, the xpto.aspx referred above is the SAME file. It happens in the SAME machine - it seems that CR behaves differently when web applications are executed through ASP.NET Dev. Server and IIS. I noted that ASP.NET Dev. Server runs with my user (as it is the user that is running the VS2005) and my user is administrator; IIS runs with Network Service user.

I deduced that it should be a permission issue. So I gave administrator rights to some users I found in my user list, like those of the ASP.NET and so. Also I gave Everyone permissions to the Temp folders where that temp files are placed (I was able to get that paths via File Monitor).

More on the stack trace:

[COMException (0x800002b4):

Error in File temp_3200f78a-862e-447c-9ac2-25ac0f481248 {F1B60CAC-FDD0-4668-BF7D-8C71AE8F6FBC}.rpt:

Invalid export DLL or export format.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) +280

[InvalidArgumentException:

Error in File temp_3200f78a-862e-447c-9ac2-25ac0f481248 {F1B60CAC-FDD0-4668-BF7D-8C71AE8F6FBC}.rpt:

Invalid export DLL or export format.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e) +700

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) +335

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) +680

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToStream(ExportOptions options) +86

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToHttpResponse(ExportOptions options, HttpResponse response, Boolean asAttachment, String attachmentName) +89

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToHttpResponse(ExportFormatType formatType, HttpResponse response, Boolean asAttachment, String attachmentName) +112

MyApp.Xpto.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\CRTest\Xpto.aspx.vb:117

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also advised you to use Filemon to verify security permission on files, but I think you can also run module utility to catch all the dll(s) that are loaded when running your App. You will see the set of dll(s) associated to your .exe. The tool can enable you to do some comparison between 2 environments.

You can download the tool at: https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip.

But there is something I would like you to verify: Is the microsoft module msvcp60.dll (module containing standard C library) present in the system32 and registered. I am saying that because It seems like I came accross this issue already.

Module utility will be there to verify if the msvcp60.dll is loaded when you will launch your app.

I hope this might help.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will be possible to use FileMon to find out what is going on when running your Web App ?

Also on which mode IIS is running? IIS 6.0 or IIS5.0? because you have to add ASPNET or IIS_WPG to the DACL and assign the proper permission and think of configuring the application pool on which your app is running in case if IIS running in Isolation mode.

You might take this advise in consideration because by looking at your web.config, it seems like you are using the Forms authentication mode.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply..

I'm using IIS 5.1 and have already added aspnet to the DACL and still did'nt fix the problem..

the other project that I've created is also in forms athentication and export works properly..

any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same issue of invalid export dll.I am using VS2008 with crystal report 2008.It works for all the other formats except excel.

Please let me know how to resolve this!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

this issue havn't been resolved yet.. any other ideas??? someone??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got the same error message and to solve this problem i clear all blank line in a text field. The error appears when there is two consecutive 0x0d 0x0A

Hope that it helps

XP SP3/VS2003/CR9

Norbert

Edited by: Norbert94 on Jun 10, 2010 3:39 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You also don't specify which version of Crystal Resorts you are using. this is important. Always specify the version of CR you are using when posting to the forum. If Falk's suggestions do not help, please give us the above information.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I used CR2005, everything works fine, but when i revert it to CR2008, all export format works except for the excel format..

I have already tried exporting it in the CR Designer, but when I entered username and password, an error occured stating report cannot be found.. but before I entered the username and password, I could still preview the report.. I am using an oracle database..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solve the problem but arrived on another problem.. I've updated the location of my database.. after I 've updated the location, the excel format on the export property of the report viewer is gone.. any idea how could i return it back?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angelo,

I would try 2 things:

First, try to export this report to Excel from the CR Designer and see if that works.

Second, try other sampels reports from us and see if they work.

There might be a problem with this report, there might be a problem with the code or the dlls.

These 2 small tests give a better pic.

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

false alarm.. problem has'nt resolved yet.. on the CRdesigner, I could already export the report in any format.. but on the web page, the same error occured.. invalid dll. format..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, let's back up a bit. Please confirm the following:

1) Error on your development computer, when you export from the viewer button is; Invalid export DLL or export format

2) The same report exports from the CR designer with no issue

3) The error only happens with excel export

4) This is a web app

5) you are using CR 2008

Now a few questions:

1) What version of .NET are you using?

2) If you are using CR 2008, have you applied SP0? It is available from here:

http://resources.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsupdate/crystalreports2008.zip

And a suggestion:

After you apply SP0, if the app still does not work, create a simple, one line windows app. Use a saved data report so you do not have to worry about database logons. Can you exp[ort from the windows app?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

everything you stated above is true.. I am using VS2005 framework 2.0.. the report is made on CR2005 and was converted to CR2008 which is what I am currently using..

I can't find the link you've given sir.. any other link where I could get SP0?

Thanks for the time sir..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for that link. They keep changing things in this port to SAP. The correct link is this:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100007528552008E/cr2008_sp0.zip

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already did what you have told me.. I have installed sp0, created a simple windows application, and I could export the report to any format.. but I still can't export from my web application..

I could also export from the visual studio CRdesigner but still can't export from the web app.. any other solutions in mind sir?

thanks again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Angelo;

As the Windows application works, but Web does not, it could be a permissions issue. In the error, does it give a path to the report file that is failing? If so, give full permissions to the account running the IIS process to that folder. If you are not sure which account this is, bring up Task Manager, and on the processes tab it lists which accounts are running which services.

If that doesn't help, try running Process Monitor from Microsoft:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftechnet.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fsysintern...

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to create a new web project with new reports, and it works.. but my problem is, I want to use my existing reports. my existing reports can't export to excel.. I don't know what's missing..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is now a matter of trying to figure out the differences between the two web apps. It does not sound like a missing dll as both projects will use the same engine and assemblies and thus all the other dlls.

What you may want to do now is;

1) take the new project and try to run the same reports the other app is using.

2) Look at coding differences. Are you using sessions, post backs etc., in the original app and not the new one?

3) Check for differences in the reports. Subreports in one app, not the other? Different types of db conenctions? Etc.

4) This may be a good time to do a bit of tracing using a utility called Charles. Charles is available from here:

http://www.charlesproxy.com/download.php

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried comparing the codes of each project.. and even copied everything from the web config of the functioning project.. .. the problem is still the same.. I have also tried using my old reports on the new project, and everything works fine.. and i am also using the same database.. i can't figure out what I missed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my Web config..

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
	<configSections>
		<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
			<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
				<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"></section>
				<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
					<section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"></section>
					<section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"></section>
					<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"></section>
				</sectionGroup>
			</sectionGroup>
		</sectionGroup>
		<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">
      <sectionGroup name="crystalReports">
        <section name="reportMappings" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"></section>
        <section name="rptBuildProvider" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.RptBuildProviderHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"></section>
      </sectionGroup>
    </sectionGroup>
  </configSections>
	<system.web>
				<sessionState stateNetworkTimeout="1000000" timeout="50000"></sessionState>
		<httpRuntime executionTimeout="1440"></httpRuntime>
		<pages enableEventValidation="true">
			<controls>
				<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
			</controls>
			<namespaces>
        <clear></clear>
        <add namespace="System"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Collections"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Configuration"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Text"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Caching"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Security"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.Profile"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.UI"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"></add>
        <add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"></add>
				<add namespace="Microsoft.VisualBasic"></add>
				<add namespace="System.Data"></add>
				<add namespace="System.Drawing"></add>
				<add namespace="System.Data.Odbc"></add>
			</namespaces>
		</pages>
		<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true">
			<assemblies>
				<add assembly="System.Messaging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.DirectoryServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"></add>
				<add assembly="System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"></add>
				<add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"></add>
				<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
        <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Desktop.Report, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"></add>
        <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"></add>
        <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Viewing.ReportSource, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"></add>
			</assemblies>
      <buildProviders>
        <add extension=".rpt" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.Compilation.RptBuildProvider, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
      </buildProviders>
    </compilation>
		<httpHandlers>
			<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"></remove>
			<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
			<add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
			<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"></add>
			<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"></add>
		</httpHandlers>
		<httpModules>
			<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
		</httpModules>
						<authentication mode="Forms">
			<forms timeout="1440"></forms>
		</authentication>

<authorization>
			<allow users="*"></allow>
					</authorization>
				<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="true" traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true"></trace>
		<!--  SESSION STATE SETTINGS
          By default ASP.NET uses cookies to identify which requests belong to a particular session. 
          If cookies are not available, a session can be tracked by adding a session identifier to the URL. 
          To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
    -->		<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-GB"></globalization>
		<xhtmlConformance mode="Transitional"></xhtmlConformance>
	</system.web>
	<system.webServer>
		<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"></validation>
		<modules>
			<add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
		</modules>
		<handlers>
			<remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"></remove>
			<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
			<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
			<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"></add>
			<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode"></add></handlers>
	</system.webServer>
	<location allowOverride="true" inheritInChildApplications="true">
		<appSettings>
   <add key="connString1" value="Data Source=lmkdb3.ntpasila.ad.lmk;User Id=lcnwuat_dbo;Password=two-1=one;"></add>
   <add key="crLogonServername1" value="lmkdb3.ntpasila.ad.lmk"></add>
   <add key="crLogonUserID1" value="lcnwuat_dbo"></add>
   <add key="crLogonPassword1" value="two-1=one"></add>
   <add key="connString" value="Data Source=orcldb;User Id=st_test;Password=st_wala;"></add>
   <add key="crLogonServername" value="orcldb"></add>
   <add key="crLogonUserID" value="st_test"></add>
   <add key="crLogonPassword" value="st_wala"></add>
   <add key="TreeViewIcons" value="images/treeicons/icons"></add>
   <add key="TreeViewStyles" value="images/treeicons/styles/classic"></add>
   <add key="leftnavroot" value="Lemcon Staff Tracker"></add>
   <add key="FromYear" value="1900"></add>
   <add key="ToYear" value="2010"></add>
   <add key="FileLocation" value="E:StafftrackerStafftrackerFiles"></add>
   <add key="Server" value="http://192.168.1.115/stafftracker/"></add>
   <add key="MailServer" value="localhost"></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchEmp" value="usercontrols/views/ViewEmployeeProfile.aspx?emp_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchReq" value="usercontrols/views/ViewCustomerRequest.aspx?cr_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchAward" value="usercontrols/views/ViewAwarding.aspx?cr_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchCons" value="usercontrols/views/ViewConsultantContract.aspx?ec_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchCust" value="usercontrols/views/ViewCustomerContract.aspx?cc_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchECon" value="usercontrols/views/ViewEmployeeContract.aspx?empc_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewSearchSoc" value="usercontrols/views/ViewSocialSecurity.aspx?emp_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewEmpRec" value="usercontrols/views/ViewEmploymentRecord.aspx?employ_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewReq" value="usercontrols/views/ViewRequest.aspx?req_id="></add>
   <add key="SiteMaintenance" value="usercontrols/maintenance/Site.aspx"></add>
   <add key="ProjectMaintenance" value="usercontrols/maintenance/Project.aspx"></add>
   <add key="ViewFI" value="FI_Socsec.aspx?grdFISocSecId="></add>
   <add key="ViewFIFam" value="FIFam_Socsec.aspx?grdFISocSecId="></add>
   <add key="ViewEmpRecord" value="Employment.aspx?employ_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewEmpRecord2" value="EmploymentCreateNew.aspx?employ_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewEmpRecord3" value="EmploymentCreateNew02.aspx?employ_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewProjTask" value="Proj_Task.aspx?employ_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewProjTask2" value="Proj_Task2.aspx?employ_id="></add>
   <add key="ViewEmpContract" value="usercontrols/contract/EmployeeContract.aspx"></add>
   <add key="ViewEmpContractLN" value="usercontrols/contract/EmployeeContractLN.aspx"></add>
   <add key="ViewSocSecUI" value="usercontrols/employee/SocialSecurity.aspx"></add>
   <add key="CrystalImageCleaner-AutoStart" value="true"></add>
   <add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Sleep" value="60000"></add>
   <add key="CrystalImageCleaner-Age" value="120000"></add>
   <add key="CountryMaintenance" value="usercontrols/maintenance/Country.aspx"></add>
   <add key="CityMaintenance" value="usercontrols/maintenance/City.aspx"></add>
  </appSettings>
    <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>
	</location>
	<businessObjects>
    <crystalReports>
      <reportMappings>
        <add reportName="Copy of rpt010.rpt" path="usercontrols
eportsCopy of rpt010.rpt"></add>
        <add reportName="Copy of rpt017.rpt" path="usercontrols
eportsCopy of rpt017.rpt"></add>
        <add reportName="CrystalReport.rpt" path="usercontrols