cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue with database server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed ECC 6.0 on HP UX 11.23 OS with Oracle as database.

We have cluster environment in our production severs.

One server as DB-CI installed and other as Dialogue Instance installed.

After installation, the dialogue instance (Application server))works fine but if we login into DB server and execute any t-code It takes too much time or just stuck.

and after that if I go to application and execute that t-code it works fine and after that if I go to database and execute that t-code now even in DB it works fine.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks,

Chandresh Pranami.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lot of reasons for performance issues, check if you have free CPU's, memory on DBCI server. Also apply latest oracle parameters mentioned in SAP note 830576 (new parameters for HP UX).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was because of the HP Cluster.

Thanks,

Chandresh Pranami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandresh,

Check below things for your Database server.

SM50 - Workprocess status busy or wait

ST04 - Data buffer hit ratio

SM37 - Any background job running there.

Normally even if you are login through a diffrent app server the database side execution will happen in db server only.Application server will do the execution but the data read and to be updated will happen in db server only.When the sql request will go to db server may select update..types of sql then it willalways will be processed by db server.

So there will be lot of load already thereIg you execute your work here it will take more time because more load for the application will be there.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the File system on your CI-DB servers,some times if your filesystem is full you might experience this problem.

Cheers

deepu