Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft word file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need one help,

I have attached microsoft word file to the DIR. When I opened the file in display mode (by sap office integration setting in dc30), all the mcrosoft word application is working.

from it, anybody can save that file or print that file,

so there is no security for that file.

My client requirement is ,when the file opened in display mode, it's functionality like save as, print should not work.

regardrs,

nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Nitin Im nt sure if it will help you but there is one auth object for restricting Printing of a file

also for exporting of file to c:\.

But then your user wont be able to view if they set export value to "NO"

Confirm with Basis.

Also even if you dont give authorization to saveas the file always gets saved on some drive which can be accessed later.

for this you can have a program which delets all the files stored in Temp directory defined in DC20

Niranjan

Let me know if it help !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks, but it won't work for me. Requirement is different.

nitin

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

regarding your question I think open the original INPLACE would make more sense. Therefore please change the parameter in transaction DC30 for your workstation application to '%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%'. Then some MS Word functions won't be available.

However if the user is allowed to display the original there is no permission check in the standard which disables that he can save this original to his PC or print it and so on. Therefore you need to create your own authorization check by useing BADI DOCUMENT_AUTH01 or DOCUMENT_FILES01.

Please give points if useful.

Best regards,

Christoph